• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

erickpeniche

Hi there!

I recently bought a SBMM JP70 and bought the Illuminator 7 pickup set in Black to match the guitar. I've spent some time looking a the diagrams from DiMarzio (Wiring Diagrams | DiMarzio) and reading the 4 Conductor installation instructions (http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/4Conductor.pdf), but I'm very confused on what parts and what diagram to use.

My goal is to have my pickups installed in the same setup as a EBMM JP13. I've haven't seen a wiring diagram for this guitar, the closest thing I've found is the pickup positions and schematics:
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 5.13.36 PM.jpg

And so far to achieve the JP13 setup, I know I need the following parts:
  • 3 way 4PDT switch (on/on/on), can be DiMarzio EP1111 (other switches may exist but not sure about if their pin setup is the same)
  • 500K Push/Pull or Push/Push(not easy to find) Pot, the recommended from the install instructions is the DiMarzio EP1201PP
  • .022 µF capacitor for the tone pot

I've looked into the diagrams from DiMarzio going through 2 Pickup Guitar -> 2 Humbucker -> [3 Way | 3 Way 4PDT on-on-on EP1111] and still have no idea which is the correct diagram that I should use.

Does anyone knows which is the exact diagram that I'm looking for? Any help, tip or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

erickpeniche

Thanks for your reply Pete & Brian.

I've checked DuBaldo Music website and I just need some answers before placing an order. The other day I opened my EBMM JP13 and saw exactly the same piece that is listed in the link you posted. I obviously noticed that the custom made circuit for the 4PDT switch made things a TON easier! I was also lucky to find the 500K Push/Pull DiMarzio pot and the matching control knobs.

So basically all the hardware required to achieve the configuration that I want are the following from DuBaldo's website:

Pete, would you be so kind to confirm this?

I was looking to get a 500K PUSH/PUSH pot, but at this point I no longer want to spend time looking. So the DiMarzio Push/Pull will do.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Top Bottom