• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jaspergretsch

I just bought a fretless transparent orange Sterling with piezo from someone on TB. I was looking around and Bass Central has a transparent orange Sterling that they say is rare. I know that color isn't offered any more (according to the website anyway), but is it actually "rare"?

What about the piezo option?

JayDawg

The color has been discontinued for a while and to my knowledge, trans orange was only offered for a short while. Music Man only builds what the stores order so if it was only offered for a few years, that means not many were ordered and thus a trans orange EBMM Bass is rare. Then you add the piezo option. Those too are also discontinued and not to many people ordered them. So yes, you have a very rare bass. EBMM doesn’t usually release build numbers but if I had to guess, I would say yours is probably a one off. I highly doubt there is any other trans orange piezo Sterling basses out there.

I had 2 Bongo’s that were one off basses both with piezo bridges. I really wish that I still had them again, knowing now what I didn’t know when I sold them. The irony is my one Bongo just popped up on Reverb. I am so tempted to buy it back but there are other EBMM basses that I am wanting to get this year. If it was my other Bongo, I would do it but with the one for sale on Reverb, it is candy apple red (also a discontinued color now) but I sold it to finance my current candy apple red Bongo with an all rosewood neck.

Jaspergretsch

The color has been discontinued for a while and to my knowledge, trans orange was only offered for a short while. Music Man only builds what the stores order so if it was only offered for a few years, that means not many were ordered and thus a trans orange EBMM Bass is rare. Then you add the piezo option. Those too are also discontinued and not to many people ordered them. So yes, you have a very rare bass. EBMM doesn’t usually release build numbers but if I had to guess, I would say yours is probably a one off. I highly doubt there is any other trans orange piezo Sterling basses out there.

I had 2 Bongo’s that were one off basses both with piezo bridges. I really wish that I still had them again, knowing now what I didn’t know when I sold them. The irony is my one Bongo just popped up on Reverb. I am so tempted to buy it back but there are other EBMM basses that I am wanting to get this year. If it was my other Bongo, I would do it but with the one for sale on Reverb, it is candy apple red (also a discontinued color now) but I sold it to finance my current candy apple red Bongo with an all rosewood neck.

Awesome, thanks :) I only know that this one is about 17 years old. I'd post a picture but it won't upload for some reason.

Golem

`

I've got an ugleeeee purple piezo FL Sterling thaz
definitely a one-off ... the purple is a shidtee refin.
But she was a cheap date when we met, she's got
a great voice, and she's a mean cook. So what do
I care if her makeup is kinda weird and punky.

Last edited:
Top Bottom