• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Neanderpaul

Yup.

As I suspected, I've got a bit EBMM crazy...

If all started with "just the one EVH." In my favorite color, Purple. Which, of course led me to, "Well, I can't very well use this as a daily-player. Especially given the fading issue. It's going to primarily live in the case, and come out during special occasions. So...I'm going to have to get an Axis." Which I found at a local GC. It's every bit the guitar I'd hoped it would be.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and I find myself on Reverb. For S&G, I decide to see what they're getting for an EVH there...

There I find the Trans-Blue...and it's been "marked down." Not cheap. But, as good a price as you'll find for a player-grade. So...sure. Let's do it.

As I'm talking to the shop I found it at on the phone to discuss safe packing, he tells me they actually purchased an estate-sale, with a bunch of guitars. 3 of which were EBMM EVHs. They sold the Trans-Pink in less than 30 minutes after listing it, sold me the Trans-Blue, and had a Trans-Red they had yet to list...

"Can you send me some pics?"

That, was that. So...my GAS has subsided.

Except I know of a Trans-Purple HT in excellent condition, with what looks like *no* fading, for sale.

I could be in trouble.

Here're the new adoptions.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I originally thought the Red was a Flame Turns out it's a unique looking Quilt. The Blue has the prerequisite fade-to-kinda-Aqua going on.

I have no complaints.

...Purple Hardtail you say?

Last edited:

Neanderpaul

Congratulations!! I wish I could three guitars at once, only if it's once in a lifetime =D

Oh...it *is.* they're my "Corvette." My Credit is on life-support now. But...you don't often get a second-chance. How many "Imwish I'd pulled the trigger," or "i shouldn't have passed" posts do we read?

I've seen them come and go over the years. I saw deals, and chose to swing. And...if I regret it, or *have* to flip them, I can get what I paid. So, I went a little overboard. :)

...like a kid in a candy shop.

johnnyboogie

Oh...it *is.* they're my "Corvette." My Credit is on life-support now. But...you don't often get a second-chance. How many "Imwish I'd pulled the trigger," or "i shouldn't have passed" posts do we read?

I've seen them come and go over the years. I saw deals, and chose to swing. And...if I regret it, or *have* to flip them, I can get what I paid. So, I went a little overboard. :)

...like a kid in a candy shop.

Going overboard may be the best feeling of all!! =)

..and like you said, you can always flip them or sell them as they are very fine instruments never losing their value. Especially if they remain well-kept. Again, congratulations and happy melting them =D

spychocyco

Nice collection. And that purple one is awesome, too. It would feel right at home. :) I'm holding out for the purple BFR Axis, which hopefully won't set me back quite as much.

Top Bottom