• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kinjin

So, all set to pull the trigger on purchasing an Albert Lee SSS in pinkburst with matching headstock... annnnd EBMM has told my dealer that Pink Burst is no longer available, only finish available going forward is Tobacco Burst as of NAMM.

Well, I guess I'm not buying a new Albert Lee! :mad:

Very frustrated right now, this really blows.

beej

Unfortunately ... that's what happens when options change. From that perspective. EBMM is no different than other companies who have to make the same calls.

Perhaps you can find one in stock somewhere? If you email MM, they can direct you to someone with one. There are lots out there in the wild.

Kinjin

Unfortunately ... that's what happens when options change. From that perspective. EBMM is no different than other companies who have to make the same calls.

Perhaps you can find one in stock somewhere? If you email MM, they can direct you to someone with one. There are lots out there in the wild.

Tried that, they responded asking for my Zip code to see if there were any near me, which I replied to, and I've gotten no response.

What sucks is there has been no official "press release", announcement or notification on these forums, nor on FB, etc akin to what they did last time when options were being discontinued and so on. Again, just really frustrated; it's not as if there are a ton of color options available for it- hell, Pink Burst is still the one and only color shown on the EBMM website.

beej

NAMM *just* ended. I'm sure it's been all hands on deck getting ready for that. You're going to have to give them a wee bit of time to respond and get the site updated.

threeminutesboy

I think that all MM I own now are discontinued models (Axis Sport, Al MM90, 25th Anniversary, EVH and piezo equipped super sport)

It shows that my taste are very different from the rest of crowd :) some models were already discontinued when I got them.

That being said you can always find a second hand AL in pink burst. The model is just discontinued so check quickly couple of key dealers I’m sure you will find your holy grail

Smellybum

NAMM *just* ended. I'm sure it's been all hands on deck getting ready for that. You're going to have to give them a wee bit of time to respond and get the site updated.

There is pinkburst stock out there already - I think you will be able to track one down (And possibly get a deal as it will be NOS) the thrill is in the chase.

Pinkburst is a beautiful colour my BFR AL was like an pink lollipop of beauty. Stunning colour but change is a good thing, also whilst they need to make instruments for artists if stuff doesn't sell then time to change it up...

This group of knucklheads will help you find one if you're super-serious - I know of 2 in the UK new for sale.

beej

Wow, I’m surprised. Thought that would stay forever with it being Alberts signature colour
The original ALs were pinkburst, but then the colour was discontinued.

It was offered again years later (after the BFR run) and looks like it wasn't a big enough seller to keep. So that's twice it's been offered.

TripHazard

It’s never been one I’ve liked personally. Reds and pinks don’t really float my boat. Now,that blue one with 2 MM90,well now we are talking.
Kinjin- call customer service - they can tell you if any dealers have one in stock and will put you in the right direction

Razzle

I’ve seen em for sale. Better get it soon, I’ve found once they’re gone it’s a long wait sometimes to find one.

Magic Jason

The fantastic and original pinkburst being replaced by "el cheapo" sunburst...I'll never understand the market.

And as for the used market... the pinkburst don't pop-up that often!

Mattekarnaa

I have one of the last SSS pink burst on order to the music store located in Sweden, not sure when it will arrive.
My mail is
[email protected]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Alistair Taylor

What sucks is there has been no official "press release", announcement or notification on these forums, nor on FB, etc akin to what they did last time when options were being discontinued and so on. Again, just really frustrated; it's not as if there are a ton of color options available for it- hell, Pink Burst is still the one and only color shown on the EBMM website.

My precise beef right now, but about the discontinuation if the Luke 2 in all forms as of NAMM, with zero warning. Even a little indication would have helped. I was holding off ordering it to see if the Luke 25th Anniversary rumour was true, a rumour that originated from BP’s own Facebook page. That didn’t appear at NAMM and now I can’t order the Luke 2 BFR I wanted! They really need to be more open and transparent. Things like this just annoy long term customers. I can understand being secretive about new products but not about cancelling old ones.

Sweat

Oh, almost forgot, the "El Cheapo" new finish is awesome. If I did not have a new BFR coming in the next couple weeks I would ordering, again every body has different tastes.

Though I would love for it to be a hardtail!

Top Bottom