• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

vuduhwy

Yup.... Steve Morse model S S S coming soon......................stay tuned............

Attachments

• 20180204_193918-1.jpg
    20180204_193918-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 482

banjoplayer

Oh are you going to mod one?
I did something similar to my SUB1, which has specs similar to the Morse (except the Vintage Trem) >>>link in signature

vuduhwy

Ya, I know it seems goofy when the the stock guitar has so many combos, but I have several of these and I wanted to do something different with this one. Im gonna use Area 67's in the neck and middle and I'm undecided on the bridge pickup. I use the hell outta the single coils on my others so it seemed logical to mod one to be kinda stripped down. It's gonna have a 3 way that runs neck-bridge&neck-bridge with the add/solo switch for the middle. I know it seems kinda dumb but after playing the Morse guitars for awhile it's kind rubbed off on me to try different switching. I am undecided on the slot for the add bridge location so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears..........

JMP100

Wow!

One of my favorite SSS sounds is the bridge and middle in series.

Gives a great rock sound!

That would be a great feature for a Morse.

JMP

vuduhwy

I have everything I need except for the pickups. My plan is to leave the stock pickguard untouched so I can drop it back in if I don't like the results. I'm pretty sure it will be great though

vuduhwy

Sorry to bump my own thread with nothing to show yet. I had a hishap. The pickguard was incorrectly cut and I just got the new one today. Looks like it'll be fine. I have to order the pickups yet, but I iwll post picks when I'm done.

vuduhwy

NOw, I just have to decide what colour pickup covers to use. I want the blue ones, but I know there is no way that Dimarzio blue will match. It's looking like I beeter stick with black or white. Wadda you guys think?

vuduhwy

Ta daaaaaaaaaaah!

Ok, here it is.....Hopefully I figured out how to post a picture (again).

I put an Area 61 in the bridge along with 2 Area 58's. Blue Dimarzio covers. This wiring may seem kinda dumbed down because we know how versatile the Morse is, but I wanted to do something different because I have a few of them. I wired it so that that the 3 way selector functions as follows: Position 1 Bridge. Position 2 Bridge and Neck. Position 3 Neck. The "add/solo" middle switch works like it normally would in a Morse. So, essentially it's wired like a T style guitar with an add/solo option for the middle. Kinda neat and......no hum!

Attachments

• MOrse3sing.jpg
    MOrse3sing.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

vuduhwy

It's been a long time coming....Between a mis-cut on the first pickguard and family issues I haven't had much time to get it done. I kinda stole the reverse slanted middle and bridge pickups from Jake E Lee (one of my faves...hence "vuduhwy").
I have a serious sweet tooth for single coil sounds and I play this particular guitar most of the time because it plays really really well so that's why I chose this one. Anywho......

banjoplayer

very nice!
How "stratty" does it sound? I wonder how much difference the toploader-bridge does make.

Did you have to do some routing underneath the pickguard?

Top Bottom