• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GoKart Mozart

Took a little drive this afternoon to meet up with a dude who had this rarity listed on FB. He's a fellow MM nut and I traded a Luke for this Reflex.

I'd never heard of this band, but this color scheme was apparently made for Dustin Bushnell of The Dirty Heads. This one was made for an Ernie Ball giveaway about 5 years ago, and the guy that I got it from was the winner (why can't I ever win a promo like that??). It spent the majority of its life in the case under a bed. It's dead mint down to the original strings. It's got the "Custom Made" neck plate along with Mr. Bushnell's signature on the top.

Like I said, never heard of the guy but I love the color scheme. It's really neat how the binding matches the white stripes on the top. As much as I'd like to preserve the originality of it though, I'm not really keen on the sharpie scribble on the top. I may take the orbital buffer to it eventually. :eek:

In typical 25th/Reflex fashion, it plays like a dream and just seems to sing. I owned a 25th a couple of years ago and I don't know if it's the hardtail that's making a difference, but this one just seems to ring out a lot more than my old 25th did.

Crappy compressed phone pics:
Eij8M3A.jpg

S0PVA1D.jpg

FLXqivd.jpg

LCQxE8i.jpg

xjbebop

Oh...My.... Outstanding!!!
CONGRATS!!!

Love it.... except for the scribble. I'd find something to remove that but preserve the rest of it.

jones4tone

What a great find!! I love the color on that. I don’t plan to ever let my Game Changer go, but oh for it to be that color...

Congrats!

kimonostereo

Wow! What a great looking Reflex!! Congrats on your score. I think you should take some napthal and rub that sharpie signature off if you don't even know who the signature is from. It's your baby!

Kinjin

Very nice acquisition! That color with the stripes is killer (I'd wipe off the signature too as someone else already suggested).

ErnieJohn

Congrats, great guitar, I always think the hard tails resonate better, might be my old ears playing games with me though ;)

jzeijen

Nice one! I had a sunburst Reflex with trem I sold. It was great but not for me I thought.. Then I ran into a white hardtail model with a rosewood fretboard. It was so resonant and alive I had to buy it. I contribute that to it having a hardtail, so you could be right about that!

Astrofreq

What a great score!! How do you like your Reflex? I absolutely love mine (which was a 1-off for an artist at one point too).

A little goo-gone can get that scribble off in no time.

GoKart Mozart

What a great score!! How do you like your Reflex? I absolutely love mine (which was a 1-off for an artist at one point too).

A little goo-gone can get that scribble off in no time.

Oh man, I love it. I wish I was at home playing it right now!

I actually thought of your cream Reflex with the pickguard when I saw that it was a one off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom