• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RST_MI

It’s been a long journey. A lot of things have happened since 1998 when I sold my first and only EBMM Axis in Amber quilt. I’ve missed that guitar ever since that day, as I realized nothing compared to it. Fast forward to 2018 and I’m finally back where I belong with a 2016 EBMM in Natural Flame! ��

Last edited:

spychocyco

Awesome. Nice pickup. I think I need an Axis with a rosewood board now. :)

spychocyco

I loved my last one with the maple fingerboard, but this one was too beautiful to pass up! I really don't hear a major difference in sound, if at all.

In most cases, I don't think the fingerboard makes a really big difference in sound. I've just always preferred rosewood, mainly I think because most of the maple boards I played early on were lacquered. A stupid kid I knew once swore he'd never play a maple board. Then he got his first Axis. :) I'm still not wild about maple on other guitars, but every EBMM I've played has been sweet.

RST_MI

In most cases, I don't think the fingerboard makes a really big difference in sound. I've just always preferred rosewood, mainly I think because most of the maple boards I played early on were lacquered. A stupid kid I knew once swore he'd never play a maple board. Then he got his first Axis. :) I'm still not wild about maple on other guitars, but every EBMM I've played has been sweet.

I knew a kid like that, as well ;)

EBMM definitely got it right with the maple neck/fingerboards, however, I’m in love with this rosewood fingerboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom