• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

I've had this beauty for almost a week. What an amazing instrument. Beefier neck is perfect for me. My favorite color of all EBMMs that I've had. Oozes class imho. Mahogany with the custom pups is perfect tone-wise. This guitar has it all for me in mass quantities :). I'm so happy to have my very own brand new BFR Stingray. BP - if you happen to read this, THANKS for this run - it is unreal! Pics:

View attachment 33398 View attachment 33399 View attachment 33400 View attachment 33401 View attachment 33402

vuduhwy

To quote the late Steve Irwin, "she's a beauuuuuty!"
That neck looks totally hot!
What amp(s) do you play it through?

Astrofreq

Oh man... this is killing me. I want one of these so bad.

What does the wood/neck/pickup combination sound like? Growly, clean, vintage?

Last edited:

edhalen

To quote the late Steve Irwin, "she's a beauuuuuty!"
That neck looks totally hot!
What amp(s) do you play it through?

I have a little Vox VT20+ in my man cave that I play it through along with a Zoom G3X. I play through headphones a lot to keep the peace around here :). The great part is I get great sound using a direct setting on the Zoom - perfect amp cabinet sounds into my headphones.

edhalen

Congrats... is that trans walnut??

Thanks! Correct. I had one of the GC AL's in that color. Loved the color then and even more now. The AL had a perloid pick guard which looked really nice with the Trans Walnut. Maybe I'll get one made for this guitar. We'll see.

edhalen

Oh man... this is killing me. I want one of these so bad.

What does the wood/neck/pickup combination sound like? Growly, clean, vintage?

Believe it or not it's all of the above! I can get nice growl, very nice clean and a nice vintage sound as well. They were going for vintage sounds with this and that's where it shines the most. But, this thing can do it all including cleans even though it doesn't have a split coil feature. I hope that helps.

Astrofreq

Believe it or not it's all of the above! I can get nice growl, very nice clean and a nice vintage sound as well. They were going for vintage sounds with this and that's where it shines the most. But, this thing can do it all including cleans even though it doesn't have a split coil feature. I hope that helps.

One of these is probably next on my list. I'm GASSING so hard for these beauties. I used to be only an Axis guy, but now I have three other models and may get a Stingray before long! HAHA

edhalen

One of these is probably next on my list. I'm GASSING so hard for these beauties. I used to be only an Axis guy, but now I have three other models and may get a Stingray before long! HAHA

Outstanding! Can NEVER go wrong with an EBMM no matter what it is!

Top Bottom