• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bhull

Hey guys. A while back I started GASing hard for an Axis. Caught this used at GC. Born October, 2000. Traded a MIA Sienna Strat towards the purchase cost. The strat was fine, but BP and company have more or less ruined me on other guitar brands ;)

Cleaned it and set it up last night. It really needed cleaning, but as you can see, it cleaned up nice.

DSC_2115.jpg
DSC_2116.jpg
DSC_2117.jpg
DSC_2118.jpg
DSC_2121.jpg

vuduhwy

That's a real looker!!! Congratulations... play the hell out of it!

bhull

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Gotten to know it over the past few days. Learned a few things.

Even though I used the same gauge strings as my Majesty (10-46), the string tension is a light higher. Took me a bit to realize it was due to the non-floating trem. I had put enough tension on the Floyd so that it doesn't move with a full step bend. A full step moves the trem quite a bit on the Majesty. I'm also wondering if the locking nut has something to do with it. I might put it down to 9s with the next string change.

The action is a bit high for my tastes. A quick search led me to the FAQ where it says neck shimming is normal to adjust the action down low. I'll be ordering some shims tomorrow.

There were some tuning stability problems. Some pencil graphite in the saddles fixed that right up.

Damn it sounds good.

So far super happy with it.

Top Bottom