• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sweat

Received this Friday afternoon, been busy and playing but took time today to take some pictures. This one was a long time coming and kind of funny story with it.

I ordered this from Pete right after NAMM 2017. Paid the deposit and he guessed fall 2017 for a delivery date. After a couple of months I totally forgot about ordering this guitar.Fast forward to mid December 2017, I get an automated email from DuBaldo music stating that my guitar was almost ready. As I stated I forgot about ordering this. I immediately emailed back asking what this was about. A couple minutes later my phone rings and its Pete.

We start discussing the order and after some deep digging in my in box I find the details. I had to laugh about it!

So expecting this sometime in January but it was not quite ready and then experienced a shipping delay due to NAMM 2018. Finally it made it to Pete and now to me. It is stunning forgot how much I love the Axis Super Sport, been awhile since I had one. The quilt top is fantastic as is the body woods and neck. Love the chrome. Color looks much better in person that pictures The pictures tend to make it look like a lighter blue than it is.

Super happy and only realized this weekend that I own both January 2018 BFR releases, the Malibu Gold Cutlass and this one. As soon as the weather gets better will take an updated family picture, OK enough rambling pictures! :)

oRQtyqO.jpg

YPacRy6.jpg

IoOFAxk.jpg

pqF6Pqu.jpg

Last edited:

MaxKlein40

Newbie question (if you look closely under my username I am in fact a noob), how do you post large pictures like this? I have looked around and not found an answer. Thanks! Oh and sexy guitar by the way love the top on that!

Sweat

Newbie question (if you look closely under my username I am in fact a noob), how do you post large pictures like this? I have looked around and not found an answer. Thanks! Oh and sexy guitar by the way love the top on that!

Many did use Photobucket until they decided to start charging ridiculous fees. I now use a site called Imgur, try Imgur.com, it is a photo hosting site that allows you to link the pics to forums. BTW thanks for the guitar compliment!

Sweat

Keith,
Congrats bud, that is one sweet guitar!! Mahogany body and roasted neck? I love it!

Hey Fred,

Hope all is well! Yep mahog body and mahog roasted neck and all chrome which I love! Doing much meat smoking lately? Miss seeing the Egg in action!

Sweat

Thanks for the compliments :) Forgot to add a big thanks to Pete DuBaldo and DuBaldo Music for a great deal on this one as well as Big Poppa and the EBMM staff these current BFR's are fantastic and this Axis Super Sport is 2 of 35 so rare bird indeed!

kimonostereo

Beautiful guitar Keith! So glad you're back in the saddle and having fun with the purchases again. Does that neck have a satin finish or is it bare wood + oil/wax?

JasonT

That's a real beauty, Keith! Love the mahogany body and neck. Nice score!

GWDavis28

Keith, congrats man that’s really nice I’m sure you’ll completely enjoy it!!!

Glenn |B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spychocyco

Awesome. Congrats on a beauty. I'm seeing lots of interesting variation on the quilt on this model, but that one is gorgeous.

threeminutesboy

Amazing how can you forget you were in the race for such a beauty :)

Congrats that’s a fantastic guitar you have here!

Top Bottom