• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

LesPaul

Did EBMM just significantly raise their prices across the board? I was considering a Monarchy, then noticed the price went up by 300 bucks at both SW and GC from what it was just 2 days ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

click track

I am planning on getting a brand new EBMM and I pretty much expect to see a price increase, especially with all the roasted necks they seem to be offering for 2018.
They are about the only guitar company out that has earned a price increase IMO and I am more that happy at their price points because of the instruments they create!!

If I order it in a redish color the wife need not know any-a-ways.....

Magic Jason

A good friend of mine once told me : "Quality remains, price is forgotten!"

How right was he!

PS
I hope you get what he meant as it is quite difficult to translate the correct meaning from French...

xjbebop

A good friend of mine once told me : "Quality remains, price is forgotten!"

How right was he!

PS
I hope you get what he meant as it is quite difficult to translate the correct meaning from French...

Some things seem like a stretch at the time, but you soon forget all about the money....

Something like that. I have definitely experienced this... ;)

btw, I like your version better... short and to the point!

Last edited:

LesPaul

FWIW, I wasn't complaining. I know full well the quality of these instruments. Just bummed that I may need to wait a bit longer before pulling the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BJ Price

Yes I saw that too. I was checking out te Ernieball sale on SW a few weeks ago and was really digging the firemist purple 5 string bongo for 2049.......checked today now its 2349. Still worth it but like you said.....takes time.

milnik

is it 300 bucks more for all models across the board? That would be strange

it's not really a dealbreaker, i can live with it. If they bring out a majesty monarchy in white + maple board i'll happily pay the extra $$$ :D

JayDawg

I’ll admit that it put a kink in my plans on instruments that I was planning on buying for myself. It sucks but I understand it. I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. And moved to Colorado right before I turned 30. All of my family and friends out there that have not moved yet are looking to do so now. What I am being told is the current governor has raised so many taxes it has made running any kind of business profitable almost impossible. I have family that has a very successful construction business and they stay busy year round due to having an excellent work ethic and they run the business with integrity. But he is now looking at branching out into another State and then once getting established out there, then moving all operations to the new State just to get out of California.

Last night we saw something that said California has the worst quality of life out of all the States. You are either incredibly wealthy or you are hurting financially. They then showed the cost of renting a moving truck from I think Los Angeles to Dallas was approximately $3,800.00 but from Dallas to Los Angeles was only $1,100.00. They said the cost was so much higher due to the hardship of trying to find moving trucks in California because so many people are leaving.

I don’t mean to make this a political post Sterling but I honestly feel for you guys out there who are still trying to run their businesses and stay profitable.

bhull

hate it but nothing is cheaper in San Luis Obispo Ca this year

California is astonishingly expensive.

Between the huge taxes and insanely expensive housing, I often wonder how anybody makes it.

Very very beautiful state. I grew up in SoCal. After doing a decade in the service, I was going to move back. One look at the real estate prices crushed that idea. My childhood home, a small house, is currently worth around $970K.:eek::eek::eek:.

Whenever I visit, I get very nostalgic. Despite not living there for over 20 years, it still feels like home. I'll never get to live there again though.

TripHazard

I’ve long fancied relocating to the US, but i think I’ll be skipping California in favour of somewhere cheaper :)
I’d like to live in Indy to be near IMS but the winters look killer

Beerandbeards

I was playing my Majesty's tonight and I never thought about the cost, only that they are perfect for me and have inspired me to play more

Sweat

Yep Cali is very expensive, my company has offices in just about ever country in the world but the hardest place to retain employees is California, high turnover rate due to many fleeing to places with better economics. Glad I got my two new BFR's before the hike:)

BJ Price

Ok just checked today......the same Bongo 5 string firemist purple was $2349 a few days ago after the increase. Now its $2549 on Sweetwater. It was $2049 a few weeks ago. Are the increases all done now?

Kinjin

So even the older models had their MAP price go up? I thought it was only on the new 2018 models.

Probably a very valid question to ask the salesperson at Sweetwater as well. Seems like NOS should't be affected by the price increase...

Top Bottom