• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JesseJames

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some details regarding a certain model. I have been offered a trade for a 2005 silhouette special
limited edition serial code is G28160. I was having a really hard time finding the full specs of this instrument and would really love some direction. The guitar is in near perfect condition, any idea what would it be worth? Want to make sure the trade is on a level playing field. Any info is appreciated, here's a few pictures:

ErnieBallSilhouette.jpg

ErnieBallSilhouette3.jpg

ErnieBallSilhouette2.jpg

John C

EBMM used to do annual Limited Editions - they were a unique color and generally came with a unique case. This one was from 2005 - it came in a cream/offwhite finish called "Buttercream" and came with the tortoise shell pickgards, painted headstock, the burgundy/red headstock decal and that "Limited Edition" decal on the back of the body. The brown tolex G&G case was part of the package.

Other than that they had the standard specs for the given year for the model. So that's a standard Silhouette Special in the limited edition finish. I think the humbucker in 2005 was still a DiMarzio PAF Pro but they could have moved on to a different PAF-style DiMarzio humbucker by then.

I had a 2007 Limited Edition - that year it was the "Blue Dawn" metallic blueburst finish with a 3-ply black pickguard. By that point instead of the decal they were doing a 12th fret inlay. The special case was a dark blue tolex case with a blue liner.

PeteDuBaldo

John C is correct, the 2005 Buttercream limited edition package was a special finish, shell pg (where applicable), silk screen below the neck plate, and special hard-shell case. IIRC the dot inlays were also spec'd as buttercream when on a rosewood board, but that may just be a mismemory.

The 2005 Buttercream Limited Edition was also the debut of the compensated nut on all non-Floyd non-SUB instruments aside from the Bongo (which already had it).

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I have one of these with a rosewood board and I love it. As Pete and John said, the only thing non-standard about it is the paint job. It wasn't the most popular or bling or rare of the LE series so personally, I think it's worth about the same as a standard Silhouette Special in similar condition. If the limited edition case is included with it and also in good condition, maybe that'll be worth a little extra to you because it's pretty but otherwise just look at standard pricing. If using eBay as your reference, make sure to select "completed listings" and look for results in green, to see what they atcually sell for, rather than what the sellers ask for.

And at the end of the day, how much are you comfortable spending to make sure you get it? That's really the only thing that counts.

JesseJames

Thank you everyone for the info, it was greatly appreciated and I'm happy to say I made the trade. I'm more than satisfied with what I have received. First EBMM and I think shes a keeper.

Top Bottom