• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash Gordon

I am most certainly NOT posing this article to put down another organization. I’m sure most or all of us have tried/enjoyed products from the company mentioned in this article.

My point for posting this is to provide some awareness about how easily a well establushed brand can run into financial trouble quickly and quietly... to the point it may force them to completely change or no longer exist as an organization. Also to commend EBMM for continuing to keep this in mind, even if it means eliminating possible options for us dingbats as we complain without perspective about these tough business choices.

I hope the organization below can get headed in the right direction!

Full story here:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/19/guitar-company-gibson-reportedly-facing-bankruptcy.html

“Iconic guitar brand Gibson could be on the brink of bankruptcy, according to a report.
The company, whose Les Paul and SG instruments have been played by generations of musicians, including stars such as Slash, Bob Marley and Carlos Santana, was founded more than 100 years ago in Michigan.
Gibson's Chief Financial Officer Bill Lawrence recently left the firm just six months before $375 million of senior secured notes were due to mature...”

Again, much appreciation to BP and crew for making tough decisions every day so that us dingbats have amazing instruments to play!

TripHazard

Problem with Gibbo is they've been buggering up their brand for over 20 years now under that bloke - you should check out Richard's Guitars video about his experience as a dealer back in the 90s.

Norrin Radd

Problem with Gibbo is they've been buggering up their brand for over 20 years now under that bloke - you should check out Richard's Guitars video about his experience as a dealer back in the 90s.

Yeah - ^^^^^ this!

"quickly and quietly" - if you've been following the industry there has been nothing either quick or quiet about it. This particular ship knew about the iceberg possibility before it left port in Southhampton.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Sorry to disappoint but I gotta close this.

Rules are simple...

Music Man and Ernie Ball related topics.
No shade on other guitar makers.
Where Gibson are concerned discussion can become heated and/or political. So we're not going there.

Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom