• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

xjbebop

Oops... I did it again :eek:
Saw this gorgeous creature and was taken with her beauty. Wasn't planning on actually buying it though.
Then I showed it to Mrs. Bebop, who insisted I pull the trigger, for a number of reasons :D
I'm very glad she did, as it's even more incredible in person! On top of that, for a 2000 production model, it's in near NOS condition! Wasn't expecting that! It looks like it got played very little and spent most of it's life in the case in a closet. :)
All I did was install new strings and tweak the pup height a bit, and it plays perfectly... wasn't even dirty!
This girl plays & sounds so dang good, she gives my HH AL's some serious competition!
Late 2000 AL SSS hard tail in Trans Gold.... meet 'Goldie'...

oWgRZHD.jpg

dA3E3BZ.jpg

eqqRD0y.jpg

o9dnA8p.jpg

oZW0LpW.jpg

..she looks great from every angle.... :p

vuduhwy

I'm normally not a fan of natural finish, but with that pickguard and fingerboard that guitar looks really sharp!
Are the frets in good shape? It seems every guitar I buy (used) ,especially that age, needs a fret job of some kind.
Good score!

xjbebop

We've bought a -lot- of used guitars over the years (most of my AL's were 'pre-owned'), so I've seen (and repaired...) the wear & tear that comes with them.
This one has the smallest sign of fret wear on the first 3 frets, B & E strings.... almost like new still. No scratches, dings or dents... even on the pick guard. These necks are famous for getting grungy after awhile, and I'm sure this one wasn't recently cleaned, it just hasn't been played much... until now ;)
Lucky score, I must say!

xjbebop

No recess plate, but no silent circuit either....
Still dead quiet though.... so far....
Older version of the locking tuners... the knurled wheel is more square than the newer ones.

tbonesullivan

Nice! I'm always on the fence with SSS guitars like that and not having a tremolo. I don't know why I always feel that way. I mean, I've got a guitar that is SSS with a hard tail. I need to learn to let go of the tremolo requirement.

Top Bottom