• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
I love the old Stingray’s and have had quite a few. Some were better than others but none of them were as solid and authoritative as my Classic Series Stingray. These are incredible instruments that have the look that us nostalgic type love but has EBMM’s quality and craftsmanship that the original basses don’t compare to in my humble opinion. My Classic Series Musicman Basses are the best feeling, playing and sounding Basses I own. I’m fortunate to have a Classic Sabre, Sterling, Stingray and my Classic Series Stingray 5 is on order. If you haven’t tried one..... you owe it to yourself. I’ll post a family photo once they are all here.

JayDawg

The breast cancer awareness bass that I own is a Stingray Classic. I love it. Out of all of my basses, it sits in the mix the very best!

Rod Trussbroken

I love the old Stingray’s and have had quite a few. Some were better than others but none of them were as solid and authoritative as my Classic Series Stingray. These are incredible instruments that have the look that us nostalgic type love but has EBMM’s quality and craftsmanship that the original basses don’t compare to in my humble opinion. My Classic Series Musicman Basses are the best feeling, playing and sounding Basses I own.

Totally agree. My 1978-79 Pre (although it's a great Bass) comes nowhere near my two Classics...and Old Smoothie.

They're KEEPERS. Period :)

cache_5418801.jpg

cache_5418803.JPG

cache_5118004.jpg

Last edited:

RocketMusic

Now we just need fretless added as an option to the Classic line. LOL

I'd order a fretless Classic Stingray 4 for myself in a heartbeart.

danny-79

I always thought that I’d love to own a 1979 StingRay (year I was born). I went to see one and to cut a long story short being used to 2005era StingRays it was a total let down, I couldn’t see myself ever using it. The practicality of it along with the heavy price tag...... would still like one for various reasons but when it comes time to part with the cash perhaps I don’t want one that badly. The classic on thd other hand, best of everything

Top Bottom