• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Baker69

I've just re-applied Gun Stock Oil to the Maple neck on my SR5, can anyone advise if it is ok to put this on the fingerboard as well? The fingerboard isn't a separate piece of wood so really it is no different to the neck itself.

I can't find any information anywhere on this, hope someone can help?

tbonesullivan

The neck and fingerboard are finished the same way from the factory, so you should refinish and care for it in the exact same way.

Just note that the headstock on all EBMM guitars is finished, it's just a satin poly on maple neck SR5s without a matching headstock.

Baker69

The neck and fingerboard are finished the same way from the factory, so you should refinish and care for it in the exact same way.

Just note that the headstock on all EBMM guitars is finished, it's just a satin poly on maple neck SR5s without a matching headstock.

Thanks for replying.

Yes, this is what I was thinking, it is all the same piece of wood after all.

Baker69

My bottle of Birchwood Casey Gunstock wax arrived on Tuesday so early this morning I stripped the SR5 down and Waxed both the neck and fingerboard (having applied Gunstock Oil to it a few days ago).

I did 3 applications leaving it to dry between each one and buffing up after each application, It really has made quite a difference, really silky smooth finish, it feels great, slippy even!

Looks gorgeous now and even better to play.

Top Bottom