• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Steve V.

Hey all, first time long time.

Anyways, I just purchased an EBMM Cutlass from a notable online retailer. I'm looking forward to it arriving, but had a quick question.

I am a notorious pickup swapper, and usually play Strats because I enjoy the modular nature of being able to go with one sound for some period and another sound for another period just by soldering in different pickguards.

Though I bought the Cutlass to keep stock, I was curious if pickup swapping would aggravate the silent circuit? Also, is the body routed for an SSS configuration, or is it a universal-type route?

Thanks!

TripHazard

It is pure SSS routing, and you won't have any probs with the silent circuit. just make sure to emial customer service for the wiring schematic.

A.J.

It depends on when the guitar was made. They are all routed for HSS now.

Steve V.

This would be a brand new Cutlass, so hmmm. I know I will crack it open during my initial setup, figured I'd ask in advance. Not looking to change anything unless the guitar needs it.

guitardan

I've been a pup swapper too on most of my other branded guitars, but I've found that my EBMM's are so well matched and balanced stock that there simply is no need. And that is one of the many things I love about EBMM, no upgrades needed.
My Cutlass is a 2017 and is SSS routed.

Top Bottom