• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Joeglow

I did an extensive search for this and didn't really find an answer or thread that had this listed. I recently bought a used 2017 Stingray Classic and it seems the previous owner changed the pickup height as it is now on a tilt. the bass side is much lower than the treble side. I'd like to reset it to factory or suggested specs if possible. Is there any such guide to go over this bass? Thank you for any guidance. Sorry if this has been discussed but I searched until I was blurry eyed.

Rod Trussbroken

In playing position with Bass on your lap, depress E string at last fret and measure 4/32 inches from bottom of E string to top of E magnet. Same with G string but measure 3/32 inches (or plus or minus a little so vol is even all the all the way across).

Also as tbone says above.

Last edited:

Karl

Its a personal thing and just a matter of taste. Though it is a good idea to set it up as factory spec then adjust to your liking

Joeglow

I found the setup on the main EBMM site under FAQ section. Followed the suggested string and pickup height guideline and it now sounds and plays as a Stingray should. Thanks all.

Top Bottom