• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

silverman

However, upon taking the cutlass home and inspecting it, I realized that it had been hanging around the store for quite some time, as it was a 2016 model. Red flags were rising. Furthermore, I surmised that it had likely been returned previously, as the pick guard plastic had been peeled and there were numerous scratch marks upon it. I got the thing set up and figured since it played so well with the exact action that I prefer, I could let it go. Finally, I plugged it in and found that it repeatedly cut out while playing. After switching up both the battery and cable, I had to concede that it had likely been returned due to a faulty input jack or wiring. Instead of fixing it, Guitar center likely put it right back on the rack where it sat neglected for months until I moseyed past it.

Frustrated, I marched back to the store, and asked for them to order one in the color and config that I had wanted in the first place. Half way through the process, I realized that they were just going to send me
another floor model from another store in perhaps questionable condition. I had the manager scrap the process and start over with an order from their distribution center so I could be sure I would get an unmolested model. The manager couldn't figure out how to order from the center, so I await a phone call.

The whole thing has been quote frustrating, exaggerated by slow employees unfamiliar with their systems and a borderline rude manager. Part of this is my fault for being in such a rush. I could have saved myself a good deal of time, but I hate playing new guitars on unfamiliar equipment, and wanted to get it home asap so I could test it under consistent conditions.

What I got to see of the guitar, I very much liked. The neck and string spacing is right up my alley. The smaller frets are a breathe of fresh air in this tall/jumbo world. The smaller body is something I have been looking for in an S-type guitar for as long as I can remember. Always, it's probably for the best that I had to rerun it, as I would have resented to the existing play wear on a new guitar, and that I didn't get the exact config I wanted. looking forward to it and I'll post when it arrives.

GWDavis28

Hey pass on guitar center and contact Pete and Nick Dubaldo at Dubaldomusic.com trust me it’ll be a great experience.
Glenn |B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripHazard

Yeah, i rarely hear anything good about GC on the boards. Hit Dubaldo up or one of the other small indie dealers

Fro

Your going to really enjoy that Cutlass when you get your replacement in.

silverman

Yeah, the only reason I'm sticking with GC is because they have a kick ass return policy and should any problems arise, I can simply return it to the store rather than deal with shipping.

It certainly has been a frustrating experience and after checking with the manger today and seeing that nothing has been done, I am one phone call away from puling the plug. I await a call back in 15 minutes and will see what they say. Anymore excuses and I am done. It is getting absurd.

silverman

Yeah, they had more excuses so I pulled the plug. If they were on their game, they would have thrown me a bone and offered some discounts to try and salvage the sale, but no such recompense was to be proffered.

Anyhow, ended up going with another retailer that offered me a strong discount and still maintains a strong return policy. I hope the new one sets up as well as the previous one, as I have strong expectations of how a guitar of this price should play. A shame there were so may problems with the sale, as I would have liked to keep it, but i just can't condone paying new prices for a guitar that is used in all but name.

Anyhow, I went with an HSS in black. Super excited, and I will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Top Bottom