• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dreghead

hi all

would anyone have a wiring schematic for the steve morse standard?

thanks

Bowks

I was about to post a message asking for the Steve Morse wiring schematic, but thought I should do a quick search first and found gold!

Have any other Morse owners changed the switching of the neck and middle pickups on the 3 way blade? I am thinking of doing so as I am used to that layout on my other guitars and find myself on the middle pickup due to an overzealous sweep of the pinky on the blade switch.

Gotta love this forum!

beej

I've tried a few different schemes over the years, and have stuck with using a 5-way instead of the 3-way. Basically the Y2D switching, plus the toggle for adding the neck single. I find it easier to use live.

vuduhwy

I was about to post a message asking for the Steve Morse wiring schematic, but thought I should do a quick search first and found gold!

Have any other Morse owners changed the switching of the neck and middle pickups on the 3 way blade? I am thinking of doing so as I am used to that layout on my other guitars and find myself on the middle pickup due to an overzealous sweep of the pinky on the blade switch.

Gotta love this forum!

I have. I also flipped over the "add bridge" switch.

Bowks

I have. I also flipped over the "add bridge" switch.

That's a good call, as I am likely to knock that too and it's a switch I don't think I'll use too much. THe more time I spend playing it, the more versatile I find it.

ryuk

Yeah, almost all of these schematics are on internet. I was looking for some of these too...
Just remembered a case with wiring in my house. I had really slow internet. Since I need fast speed for my occupations I called Charleston electrical contractors. They watched my home network, it needed to be changed even earlier. Anyways, they did everything quite fast and qualitative. However, looking back I really don't understand how I lived with such a slow internet speed. If I will have any problems with wiring and electricity gonna call them for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom