• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MaxKlein40

I know the factory doesn't sell parts but if I changed something like hardware or pickups on a Ray, is it totally fine with MM if I sell the old, original parts online? Ive seen some around but wanted to check here before I started the process.

tbonesullivan

Not sure why you'd want to sell the hardware from a Stingray, or the pickups. If you ever intend on selling your gear, non original parts are really not desirable on music man guitars and basses. They aren't available direct from EBMM at all.

on the other hand if you are sure it's a keeper for life, and you like the sound of an aftermarket pickup that much, go for it.

Not sure that you'd really be able to improve the hardware much though.

MaxKlein40

Thanks for the quick replies. Not set on doing it but if I did it wouldnt be on any of my main basses just a cheap used ray I got online in bad shape to mess around with/ for a project bass.

JayDawg

Once you own an instrument, you can sell anything off of it you want. Now certain things like the pickups, neck, bodies and maybe a few other things do require a one for one swap so if any of those parts get sold, and you wanted to put the bass back to stock later on, you would then be unable to do so. I’ll admit that I don’t fully understand EBMM’s reasons for that but that is what they as a company have decided to do.

danny-79

I’ve kept all original parts just incace. Not that I’m ever planning on selling either of my StingRay’s but as mentioned above you will get more for it in all original parts condition then sell the after market parts (pickups pre amp etc) separately after.
Golden rule keep all original parts

Top Bottom