• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

peaveywolfgang

Hello, do these look like original evh pickups? they're supposed to be from a 92 evh... as you can see they're not labeled dimarzio, at least i can't see, and the b1, n1 markings are stickers...

20180327_161427 new.jpg

20180327_162327 new.jpg

thank you

Fro

It looks like the pickups were slid out without taking the strings off. It may have been bent getting it out.

Mick

be careful bending it back, very careful. you only have one try I´m afraid

peaveywolfgang

Thank you guys for your replies!

yes, unfortunatelly the pickup ear is bent. i don't know if it was bent before i bought the guitar. i took the pickup out pretty carefully, the strings were detensioned and i don't recall forcing the pickup in any way. that is why i think the ear was weakend before. i noticed when i had to put it back. didn't notice when taking the photos.

i carefully bent it back and it is still holding on there but probably very sensible. i put the pickup back and tightend the screws and it doesn't seem loose. i don't intend to take the pickups out ever again, so hopefully all is and will remain ok.

if not, i have to think of a method to reattach the ear, like soldering or superglue, or maybe a new ear/foot that i superglue on the old one...

so regading the pickups, is the general consensus that they are genuine dimarzio evh pickups, just covered in too much wax?

tbonesullivan

What kind of guitar it is in? If the ear was bent like that before, there would be no way to screw the pickup down, and it also would have been so high up that it would have interfered with the strings.

peaveywolfgang

It's a 92 evh. I say i think it was bent bent before as in it was in place when the pickup was mounted but very sensible when the pickup was pulled out. I didn' t force anything, i was very careful. The way i handled the pickup a piece of metal like that wouldn't have bent. Either that or maybe its age made it softer like that...

Top Bottom