• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Conky

Does ANYBODY know when the details for 2018 Cutlass models with the roasted necks will be made available? Long time since NAMM and apparently they are available this month?

TripHazard

Conky? When did Bubbles get you back out of the swamp? Lol (sorry, Trailer Park Boys reference)
I expect it will change over on the website mid month. I’ve seen some pre-order references on some guitar sites already

click track

I to am in anxious anticipation as well / My daughter graduates from College next month and I am buy buying not a -new to me- EBMM but a brand spankin new one !!!!

I cant wait to see what models get the roasted necks per the teaser a few months ago...

My wish list is a Axis SS with a Roasted Maple, not sure if that's happening... but a new EBMM is !!!

John C

Does ANYBODY know when the details for 2018 Cutlass models with the roasted necks will be made available? Long time since NAMM and apparently they are available this month?

Maybe EBMM is going to "turn on" the 2018 pages for the Cutlasses and Sting Ray tomorrow since it's the first business day of April. If not tomorrow, then probably some time during the first half of the month. They didn't "turn on" the March BFR page until the middle of the month, so who knows what their timing is going to be.

David5150

They’re up and look amazing.

The firemist silver has my eye (and much to my surprise as someone who has never owned a guitar with a maple fretboard)

Paulg2uk

I'm looking at getting the SSS version at the moment. I just can't decide on the finish. Do I go charcoal frost with the rosewood fingerboard or vintage sunburst with the maple finger board?

What finish are you guys looking to get your hands on?

mikeller

I'm with you TrapperJ. I've been gassing for a HSS Charcoal Frost for a while - but I think if I were to buy now it would be a HSS Firemist Silver

click track

Does anyone know if the necks have rounded / relief / smoothed edges / or whatever it is called so it has that nice broken in feel or are the edges more on the brand new sharper side?

tbonesullivan

You're talking about rolled fretboard edges, right? I don't think EBMM uses a sharp edge, and in general most modern production guitars don't have a sharp edge.

Paulg2uk

Has anyone got their hands on a new Cutlass yet? I've ordered one but unfortunately I have to wait another 3-4 weeks over here in the UK.

Paulg2uk

How much is it in the UK?

It depends what finish it is, The Charcoal Frost in the SSS config is £2399 and the vintage sunburst is slightly more £2549. I've ordered the Charcoal Frost for now but I'm sure I'll change my mind when they come into stock.

steveh

The Charcoal Frost in the SSS config is £2399 and the vintage sunburst is slightly more £2549.

That is insanely expensive!

I got a new SSS Cultass from Guitar Guitar in their recent blowout and then got a bit dejected when I realised the reason was because they were clearing stock for the roasted necks - I'd love a roasted neck but at that price there's no way at all I could justify that increment over the standard model.

Guitar prices are the only time I wished I lived in the USA haha ;)!

Plektrum

Wow, that's quite an increase. Is it worth it to pay that much more for a roasted neck?

Top Bottom