• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Depayama

A few days ago,I dropped my Majesty(Arctic Dream) and its body got cracked.
I heard that Music Man offers replacement body/necks for the Majesty model.

Does anyone have Majesty 's body replaced?
How much does it cost?

beej

Ouch!

You mean you damaged the paint? Or the body is actually cracked?

Either way- give MM a call directly and ask about it. (Link is in my signature.)

bhull

A few days ago,I dropped my Majesty(Arctic Dream) and its body got cracked.
I heard that Music Man offers replacement body/necks for the Majesty model.

Does anyone have Majesty 's body replaced?
How much does it cost?

Whoever told you that was in error I'm afraid.

The Majesty is a neck-through. From the middle of the body up to the headstock is all one piece of mahogany. It is inserted into basswood "wings" to make the complete guitar shape.

You will have to source a way to repair it instead.

FWIW, it's not just the Majesty, no neck-through can have its body replaced,

JayDawg

Not to add insult to injury but for this exact reason is why I prefer bolt on necks.

If EBMM is unable to repair the guitar, let me know. I have a friend in Tennessee, that does amazing repair work. He may be able to help you out.

Depayama

thanks everyone.
im japanese and my english is poor, sorry.:(

i live in japan but i didnt know who should i contact at first, so i contacted Ernie Ball Music Man Customer Service.

They said " We'd recommend inquiring with our distributor to start. Through the factory we don't offer refinishing services, but we do offer replacement body/necks for the Majesty model. It could be possible that the distributor may know of a shop that offers refinishing in your area. "

i know that Majesty is a neck-through, so i think it is unable to be replaced its body.

I will take my Majesty to the shop where i bought this beautiful guitar in a few days to get repaired.
but i dont know how much it will cost...

Mick

Oh wow, sorry... smells like a glue and new paint job at the factory....

spychocyco

Ouch. That hurts. Definitely get some strap locks for that bad boy when you get it fixed.

kimonostereo

It can be repaired for sure, but it may not be a "spot" paint job if that paint is the color shifting type. They may have to repaint the entire guitar. It might be expensive to get it back to stock but it can definitely be repaired by a pro.

tbonesullivan

Oh wow... Don't think I've seen something like that happen before. All of my guitars, from ones I paid $400 to up to ones I paid $2000 for, they all have locking straps. If you don't want to mess with the guitar, there are ones that don't require any removal of the original strap buttons.

kimonostereo

It's probably not intentional but it's kinda uncool to tell someone to get locking straps when they probably feel crappy that their guitar broke... I feel really bad for him.

spychocyco

I do, too. I'd be devastated if it happened to one of mine. Maybe it came off wrong, but I was just making a suggestion to help him prevent it from happening again.

It's probably not intentional but it's kinda uncool to tell someone to get locking straps when they probably feel crappy that their guitar broke... I feel really bad for him.

dibart77

Wow. I guess with all the knob holes and the cavity, that makes a natural fault line on the guitar. One hit the wrong way and blammo. So sorry to see this. I wish you good luck getting it repaired -- it's a great guitar and deserves to be fixed.

tbonesullivan

Also, the edge is relatively thin, so that further weakens it. Guitars aren't really designed with the thought of surviving being dropped, unfortunately. Most musical instruments are the same way.

JamieCrain

Sorry to see this. Devastating.

I'm guessing it would be possible to seamlessly repair the wood damage however the arctic dream paint finish is not likely fixable without a full re-paint.

But before you commit to a full repaint, maybe talk to an artist or two. Someone with creative ideas might be able to design a piece of art to cover that section of the guitar and make the damage invisible. It's like when some people get tattoos to cover scars from accidents or surgery. If done well, it might just enhance the design. Just a thought.

Top Bottom