• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

davykerr

Hi everyone, just a small question regarding my Luke 2. Im finding it really hard to keep it in tune.
I have the trem raising a tone on the g string and I had a Tremel-no installed but have since removed it hoping to narrow out the probs thinking that was the culprit, I tried decking the bridge but in doing so the g always come back sharp after a dive (and flat when bending, but a quick dive on the arm brings it near into tune again?)
When the trem was floating the strings never came back in pitch (always lower)
I have tried everything humanly possible, big bends nut sauce, taking a very fine sandpaper to the g string nut slot, at my wits end here at the mo..
Any advice?

beej

Imo, The G string is always the problematic one. You watch guys that are great with the trem (Jeff Beck, for example), and after diving the trem they also give it a quick pull up, to correct that very thing.

TripHazard

Imo, The G string is always the problematic one. You watch guys that are great with the trem (Jeff Beck, for example), and after diving the trem they also give it a quick pull up, to correct that very thing.

Beej, do you think using a wound G might help?

mikeller

Have you put lube (I use tri-flow but a dab of nut sauce will work) on the saddle also?

Also - when installing strings, do you have multiple wraps are the tuning key post, or do you pull the string taunt, tighten the locking nut and tune?

tbonesullivan

Definitely sounds like a nut issue. When you dive the string overall moves towards the peg, and then get stuck, making it sharp. When you bend, you pull it out from the peg, and you end up flat. What gauge strings are you using? Sometimes just cleaning up the string slot with a nut file a tiny bit can keep it from hanging up.

Top Bottom