• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

m4ssi

Hi, after some months with Valentine, i'm really in love with her, but i want to try a change the single coil on the bridge with an Humbucker. I like the single coil installed on the valentine, but it's a little rough and i want something more sweet. I tried an HB in alnico II (custom wound by MAMA pickups) on an other guitar and i loved it, very warm and clean.

What do you think about this modified?

TonyEVH5150

I think if it's what you want, and it sounds good to you, then it's a great move.

I wasn't a fan of the bridge pickup in the Valentine. I swapped both pickups out for a set of Railhammer Humcutters. They're hum cancelling P90's in a humbucker size. It rides the line of turning the Valentine into a Tele Deluxe.

TonyEVH5150

Yes, I still have the boost installed. I think it's great to have. I can kick on the boost on the guitar, and it saves me having to hit the boost on the pedalboard occasionally.

OddoRocket

Ryan “Fluff” Bruce, YouTuber, and guitarist of Rest Repose and Dragged Under does that to his Valentines. He switches out the pickups for Two Fishman humbuckers. Humbucker in the bridge is definitely what I would do on those guitars

Top Bottom