• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Charrua

Hi,

Has anybody played this guitar? How is the build quality? Sound? Pickups? It called my attention that its priced over $400 but it belongs to SUB series. Which as far as I know are budget instruments, not as good as standard SBMM.
Thanks

GWDavis28

No the Sub series are good quality guitars and right there with all of the SBMM guitars and basses.

For $400 I hear it’s a great guitar, plus it’s and Albert Lee you can’t go wrong.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

TonyEVH5150

That's me!!!

Here's what I can say after spending a week with it.

Build quality is great. Mine has no finish flaws. It was set up great from the QC. The frets were good/no sharp ends.

The guitar sustains VERY well. notes will last longer on this guitar than they do on my Cutlass or Valentine.

The trem is nice. Very responsive and returns mostly in tune (more on that in a bit). I thought the stock pickups were decent. Nice middle of the road humbuckers. I think they'll do nicely, but they could be upgraded if that's your flavor.

Two changes I would recommend on this guitar:

- Locking Tuners
- a new nut

The trem stays in tune for the most part, but tuning stability is greatly improved with locking tuners and a well cut nut. I got a set of Schaller tuners from another member. I took it in to my guitar tech and had a Tusq nut installed. Those two things woke this guitar up from the already good guitar it was.

Top Bottom