• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MysticTR1

Hello All

Long time EB user, been playing a JP6 standard, loaded Mystic Dream for years. Can't even consider buying a new guitar other than a Ball :)

That being said as my music tastes diversify and change, I've been really gassing for a hardtail, BFR type beauty. Started doing some research and found some amazing pics of a Steve Morse Y2D style Darkloard and what I'm guessing to be some one off Tobacco bursts.

My question is: how can I order a Steve Morse Y2D in Tobacco Burst, quilt top, matching HS? What kind of effort would I need to convince EB to do this lol :) I just can't get the guitar out of my head. I'm dreaming about it for god sake. It's consuming me. LOL

Anyhoo, if anyone has any insight into those guitars, when they were available for order or when they might be again that would be great.

Thank You
Matt

GWDavis28

If it's a discontinued one, then your only hope is to keep an eye open in the for sale thread and scour the web. Reverb, EvilBay and such.

You never know you might find a dealer with something NOS, it's happened before, but chances are your gonna have to hunt.

Sorry, you never know. Good luck, Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

That one is still available from the looks of it, but it's in Europe, but hey, how bad do you want it man? Message them see if they'll ship to Canada.

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

I'm sure he'll be around and he;ll answer your question. You never know what some might have some info on one. There are loads of Purple Sunset Y2D's out there. And still some PDN runs out there, there are a bunch in Europe (again), like this place.

Music Man Guitars | ProMusicTools

These are the ones on Reverb.

"y2d" Gear | Reverb

What's your price range?

MysticTR1

I'm sure he'll be around and he;ll answer your question. You never know what some might have some info on one. There are loads of Purple Sunset Y2D's out there. And still some PDN runs out there, there are a bunch in Europe (again), like this place.

Music Man Guitars | ProMusicTools

These are the ones on Reverb.

"y2d" Gear | Reverb

What's your price range?

WOW thanks Glenn, that Dark Lord :D Price Range is flexible, I mean I would be willing to order one new, whatever that cost is, around $3500 cdn.

GWDavis28

Hey man, no problem, I love to search.

Good luck, hope you find what your looking for.

P.S. I've been intrigued by the Morse Y2D lately myself, but negative funds save me from shopping. :D

Glenn |B)

John C

Don't forget that tobacco burst was one of the 3 original colors of the Y2D, along with purple sunset and de-purple burst. That being said I don't remember when tobacco burst was discontinued; it had to be at least 5-6 years ago if not longer.

banjoplayer

that Morse Y2D PDN Tobacco Burst is really nice, but the price. ebay is showing me s really ridiculous high - and it´s a german seller and I´m in Germany, so it would be without any charges

GWDavis28

I’ve even added a few since that thread...

If you pass through the cornfields of Illinois, look me up - but the beers on you for the tour and I have POWERFUL THIRST! :)

Kevin

Kevin, I think you need to update your thread man!!!

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom