• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

variableresults

This is quite possibly the brightest guitar I've ever played (a title my swamp ash / maple top / maple neck Suhr Modern used to hold). Anyone else find they need to turn the tone control down to keep the ear bleed at a minimum, especially on the bridge pickup? I'm trying to determine if I have a bad buffer circuit or not as it seems a bit off compared to all my other guitars with single coils. Swapped out a few different Duracell 9v batteries just to be sure.

Astrofreq

I just keep the Bright switch on my amplifier disengaged as well as the treble knob at about 11 o'clock. My favorite guitar right now for sure.

LesPaul

I have an SSS Cutlass as well (Vintage Turquoise). I find the bridge pickup especially bright as well. I'm running it through my JP2C. I like to use the clean channel with the gain at about 2 oclock and the mid control up higher as well. Lately I've been putting my Xotic Soul Driven pedal in front. Nice blues tone. I don't find myself using the bridge pickup by itself very much. I do love the out of phase sound of the bridge and middle together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom