• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rick_osu

Greetings, all. I was just wondering: is there a way to lower the trem arm on a Majesty so that it's closer to the body? My fingers aren't super-long, so trying to grab it quickly while playing a quick passage can be a bit of a hassle.

johnnyboogie

You can tighten it as much as you like, in order for the vibrato bar not to be loose and thus away from your reach. Are you familiar with how to do it?

mikeller

Welcome fellow Columbus player! There are two set screws on the trem block - one on the backside under the bridge plate loosens/tightens the swing. You can access that by pressing down on the trem arm lifting the backside of the bridge. The second is on the bottomside of the trem block. To adjust it, you will need to remove the trem cavitity cover on the back of the guitar. I BELIEVE that adjustment will give you a little up & down adjustment, but that I am not 100% positive on and would suggest you contact Music Man customer service to verify.

PeteDuBaldo

The depth screw underneath the block sets the maximum depth of how far in the bar goes before it catches the retaining spring. The spring itself is not adjustable. If you back out the depth screw a bit then you may be able to insert the bar a little deeper (past the spring), but it won't necessarily latch into place.

I've put a few trem bars into a big vise and bent them for a smaller/wider angle - this may be the way to go if the above doesn't work. Make sure you tape or wrap the bar to avoid marring the finish when it's in the vise.

FWIW, I've also noticed that the bar on the Majesty feels almost as if it is in a different location (in/out) compared to my regular JP6s and JP11.

mikeller

The depth screw underneath the block sets the maximum depth of how far in the bar goes before it catches the retaining spring. The spring itself is not adjustable. If you back out the depth screw a bit then you may be able to insert the bar a little deeper (past the spring), but it won't necessarily latch into place.

I've put a few trem bars into a big vise and bent them for a smaller/wider angle - this may be the way to go if the above doesn't work. Make sure you tape or wrap the bar to avoid marring the finish when it's in the vise.

FWIW, I've also noticed that the bar on the Majesty feels almost as if it is in a different location (in/out) compared to my regular JP6s and JP11.

Thank you for clarifying that Pete.

mmayo

Thanks a ton! Just got a nice Titan Blue and the trem loose as H. Got this done quick thanks to you!

Top Bottom