• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

2mdude

Do/did all EBMM Axis guitars come with a hard shell case by default and, if so, for how long have they?

I ask as I'm eyeing up a used unit but it's advertised with a what appears to be a generic semi-solid gig bag, definitely not a factory item. I guess I'm trying to use this to help gauge overall condition/treatment. If it came with a case from factory and no longer has it, "what happened" comes to mind. Might be an innocent thing, but then again it might not...

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Axis Sport

I have swapped around cases many times on guitars, as I liked one case over another. I actually prefer a quality gig bag over a case these days and will always take that over a case if I have the option. For me the only time it really matters if it is a limited edition and the case and guitar go together. I don't think you can gauge the condition based on it having the original case or not, at least that has been my experience over the last 40 years of messing with guitars. Hope that helps.

2mdude

Thanks for the response, guys.

I'm not using this as the deciding factor, just considering all the angles in order to make an informed purchase. I accept that it's quite possible the factory case did exist at one time and died in the line of service protecting the 6 string splendor within. Or like Axis Sport, maybe he didn't like the hard case, preferring the gig bag instead. It looks like a decent bag but it doesn't appear to be branded in any way. It's pretty clear to me at this point that the seller doesn't know a whole lot about EBMM guitars in particular (I swear I heard crickets chirping when I asked if they tested the silent circuit - hey, the claimed it was 100% tested and functional, I had to ask), though I'm finding that isn't necessarily uncommon. These things seem to have a cult following...and I get it now that I own two of 'em.

Last edited:
Top Bottom