• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

St8kout

Sadly, while it seems to be a great midi-synth device, it just doesn't fit under the strings of the Majesty Monarchy using the supplied mounting bases. Even the thinnest base is still too high. I'd have to raise the string height WAY too much, and that just isn't an option as I love the action just the way it is. And forget using the tremolo bar, as pulling up lowers the string height even more.

Update:
In a moment of inspiration I suddenly thought about a box of "Glue Dots" I bought a while back. It's that sticky rubber-like adhesive you've probably have seen in your mail (where they attach credit cards or whatever). It's not permanent and never hardens. It's safe for attaching posters to walls, fridge, whatever. Supposed to be chemically inert to painted surfaces.

Without a mounting base under the pickup it's almost too low, but using the Glue Dots sets it at almost the perfect distance from the strings. The trade off is it's not readily removable as it would be with the mounting base, and the connecting wire doesn't unplug so you have to leave it all in place to charge the unit. No biggie. It still all fits in my guitar case just fine.

Last edited:

St8kout

Or a file/sandpaper, but sanding down the mounting base would be pretty tough to do across the whole length, not to mention it's already pretty thin, but just not thin enough.

When you slide the pickup into the mounting base, it actually has a gap, and that's the problem. It it was flat against the base it would probably work. Using Glue Dots instead of the mounting base seems to be the solution, at least in my case.

vuduhwy

Or a file/sandpaper, but sanding down the mounting base would be pretty tough to do across the whole length, not to mention it's already pretty thin, but just not thin enough.

When you slide the pickup into the mounting base, it actually has a gap, and that's the problem. It it was flat against the base it would probably work. Using Glue Dots instead of the mounting base seems to be the solution, at least in my case.

I was actually joking. I probably should have put a disclaimer in my post.

squege

Has anyone with a Luke III tried using the Fishman Triple play? Just curious if there is enough room between the tremolo and the humbucker to fit the MIDI pickup. Curious if there is the same height issue with the Luke III as there was with the Majesty Monarchy as well.
JC

Lou

I've got one on my JPX and I have no problems

Kieran C

Hi Lou, little late to the party. Can you explain how you were able to get the triple play attached no problem ?

Top Bottom