• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

somata

Picked up a used JPXI last month and would like to keep the stock BFR case in good shape, so I've been thinking about picking up an EBMM SKB style plastic case for dragging it back and forth to band practice and shows. Too, would like a bit more room in the case to transport cables, strings, ebow, and a pedal or two. Which EBMM SKB case fits the JPXI?

beej

Why not a solid gig bag instead? I've got one of the Mono ones ... it's pretty heavy duty and a lot easier to move around than the hard case.

somata

Appreciate the suggestion, but I'm definitely a hard case guy. Play in a death/grind metal band in not always the best venues, so I much prefer the protection of a hard case. I just don't want to beat up the nice leatherette BFR case loading it in and out of my vehicle for practice every week and taking it to shows riding up against my rack and pedalboard. Too, I prefer the SKB style water resistance for load ins/outs in the rain and snow.

Is the EBMM 5983 the one I need for a 7 string JPXI? I'm 99% sure that it is, but just want to double check before ordering.

GWDavis28

Just give Customer Service a quick call, they should be able to help you out.

Glenn |B)

Etudica

I'm also curious about this. I have purchased a newer style SKB style case direct from EBMM a few years ago for one of my BFR JPs, but it was pricey from what I remember. Wondering if they will be available from 3rd parties and if so what the part # would be for the JP 6/7. I've been wanting another for my JPXI-7 as well but couldn't justify the cost yet.

On a related note, I still have one original tolex BFR case for a JP if anyone is interested. Absolutely mint. Going to go up for sale on the internet shortly as I have no need for it anymore.

somata

I'm also curious about this. I have purchased a newer style SKB style case direct from EBMM a few years ago for one of my BFR JPs, but it was pricey from what I remember. Wondering if they will be available from 3rd parties and if so what the part # would be for the JP 6/7. I've been wanting another for my JPXI-7 as well but couldn't justify the cost yet.

On a related note, I still have one original tolex BFR case for a JP if anyone is interested. Absolutely mint. Going to go up for sale on the internet shortly as I have no need for it anymore.

So my local GC happened to have a 5983 case on clearance for $85 so I snagged it yesterday. The 5983 fits the JPXI 7 string but I will say that the headstock is a pretty snug fit...have to be careful to not catch the valance when putting it in. But a nice sturdy case. I believe the price of a new one is $135.

Etudica

I'm fairly certain I paid well north of $200 for the newer style case direct from EBMM, but I can't find the exact price. It was about 3 years ago. If that same exact case is now $135 then I'll be picking up another one sooner than later to replace the original older style BFR case.

PeteDuBaldo

I'm fairly certain I paid well north of $200 for the newer style case direct from EBMM, but I can't find the exact price. It was about 3 years ago. If that same exact case is now $135 then I'll be picking up another one sooner than later to replace the original older style BFR case.

The 2015 price list has the 5979 Guitar case for Petrucci 6, Petrucci 7 at $175. This could easily go to $200 with shipping.

I have my JPXI-6 in a 5983 case and it has a bit of wiggle room. The headstock on a 7 string will definitely be a tight fit.
Pedals may or may not fit, as there isn't a ton of room in the compartments. I've been able to fit a few packs of strings, a tuner, strap, and cable.

Etudica

So then the correct case for the JPXI-7 string is the 5979? Or did the 5983 replace that one?

PeteDuBaldo

So then the correct case for the JPXI-7 string is the 5979? Or did the 5983 replace that one?

The 5983 is more of a universal case. I'm not sure what/if any changes may have been made to the part numbers recently, but the most recent info I have is:

5983 Guitar case for 6 string guitars
5992 Guitar case for Reflex
5979 Guitar case for Petrucci 6, Petrucci 7
5972 Guitar case for Armada
Guitar cases for Majesty, Valentine, StingRay, Cutlass, and St Vincent - I don't have part numbers handy

Top Bottom