• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

click track

I recently ran across a used 2010 black Reflex with cream binding on Reverb.com and I just pulled the trigger and got it. I was not even intentionally looking for this guitar, but the pictures reminded me of a 84 black and cream Tele Elite, I once had and the price point was an absolute no brainier. This guitar is chambered and has a 5 way switch with series and parallel options which give it 10 distinct sounds. One thing I am coming up to speed on, is that the sound and playability of EBMM guitars, at least for me, makes buying one I have never played a non-stress event. I will not hesitate to buy another and for that reason I need to stay away Reverb.com for a few months….

This is simply the best sounding and most comfortable guitar I have ever owned !! I have had LP Standards, G&L’s and on and on. Love it, and looking forward to my next purchase which I think will be a Luke III or an Axis SS but who really knows, I don’t. / Hope the picture turns out right side up this time.

http://forums.ernieball.com/asset.php?fid=28463&uid=30389&d=1528573381

Attachments

• WIN_20180608_14_38_44_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180608_14_38_44_Pro.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

Astrofreq

I love my Reflex too. Even though it has the same pickups as the Axis, it does sound distinctly different. Congrats!

christheasian

i think your next guitar has to be a game changer! mine is perfect and it's such a bummer it didn't take off the way it should have

GVBender

For the life of me, I just can't figure out why these didn't take off. Still refilling the old savings account after buying a Petrucci koa, but I'm itching to add one of these to my collection as soon as possible. Great score!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fro

I keep waiting for one to come up in a color other than black or white.

banjoplayer

I keep waiting for one to come up in a color other than black or white.

Vintage Gold!
IMG_8962_zpsxhjya9xs.jpg

edhalen

Congrats and welcome to the club! THE best guitar EBMM (or anyone for that matter IMHO) has ever made. Period. Maybe more colors, etc would have helped it take off. Who knows. I absolutely LOVE my 25th (its predecessor). I will be buried with it :).

kimonostereo

Still my favorite guitar from EBMM. Mine is kinda road worn, but I love playing it.

I guess it was a hard sell next to the Axis and the Axis Super Sport. Was really hoping to see a semi-hollow with M-cut outs version in production. Not sure if nice maple tops with consistent hardware (covered humbuckers and black rings vs uncovered and white rings) would have made a difference. The different hardware and solid colors really didn't do the guitar justice in the looks department compared to the 25th.

jones4tone

I almost traded my Gamechanger away after a couple of months, but the other party backed out of the transaction. Now, I'm so glad they did. It's a great guitar.

fogman

Enjoy it!!! I absolutely love my 25th Anniversary. It's my no.1

I'm still scratching my head at it's lack of commercial success.

darchirnoj

Some people believe “older,” is better. What they fail to realize is that “better,” is better.
Not taking away anything from other manufacturers, but as someone who’s owned or played many, I don’t believe
Music Man can be beat with the overall picture.

Fro

Nice! I think I love your Reflex. I'm calling dibs :)

Top Bottom