• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Budgie

I am 95% set on the Bhodi Blue Luke III but I am not sure whether to go for the HH or the HSS configuration. I'd really like to see them and play them before I commit to buying. I live in the DC area but still cannot find a shop that has both. I actually can't find a shop that has either. Guitar Center said they can get only one because the other is not even on their site. And they would not be able to get the one before some time in August. How crazy is it that I cannot see/play two guitars before choosing which one I want more?
Any ideas?

GWDavis28

Welcome, you could try connecting Customer Service and see if they can help you locate them.

You might get lucky if there is an forum member in your area that will let you check them out. Or and this is a long short you could just buy both, Hahahahahahahaahaha, kidding.

What type of music do you play? What other guitars do you have? Which are you leaning towards?

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Budgie

Welcome, you could try connecting Customer Service and see if they can help you locate them.

You might get lucky if there is an forum member in your area that will let you check them out. Or and this is a long short you could just buy both, Hahahahahahahaahaha, kidding.

What type of music do you play? What other guitars do you have? Which are you leaning towards?

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Hi Glenn and thank you for your message. I did contact customer service and a few days later received an email from a store in frederick, md (1 hour away but no problem) telling me he has other models if I want to try them.

GWDavis28

Hi Glenn and thank you for your message. I did contact customer service and a few days later received an email from a store in frederick, md (1 hour away but no problem) telling me he has other models if I want to try them.

That's great you gonna go check em out? What models?

Glenn |B)

Budgie

I am not interested in other models though.
Just want the luke.
That's why I'd really like help on what to do.
Someone suggested I buy both and return one.

tbonesullivan

Might be a good idea to go there and check them out. Why are you so set on a Luke III? There may be other guitars that work for you. Also if they have others, they can probably get a Luke III.

GWDavis28

I am not interested in other models though.
Just want the luke.
That's why I'd really like help on what to do.
Someone suggested I buy both and return one.

Yah that's possible or maybe a weekend trip away to a place that has both for you to try? That's another possibility.

I get your just into the Luke, I had one they are nice, I had a Luke 2 for a while.

Your in DC right? Well Dubaldo Music in the beautiful city of Manchester CT has Lukes in HH and SSH, they don't have the Bodhi Blue, but you can get the feeling and possibly order it from there. I highly recommend Pete and Nick Dublado, excellent to deal with.

Ernie Ball Music Man – Page 2

Glenn |B)

Budgie

I played the Luke 1 over 10 years ago and fell in love with the sound and the neck. It just felt it was an extension of my hand. I could not afford it back then but it has been on my mind since. I tried a Luke 3 at Guitar Center 2 years ago and loved it exactly the same if not more but still could not afford it.
The look, the feel, the sound, it's a perfect guitar for me. I have 8 guitars already and am not looking to just buy one more, I want THE one.

Budgie

Glenn,
CT is almost 7hrs from where I live. But that did give me the idea of looking for other shops that are within the hour or two driving and contact them to see who has both configs. Thanks for suggesting that.
Still I find it ridiculous that they are not both readily available or cannot be ordered in my area.

GWDavis28

I played the Luke 1 over 10 years ago and fell in love with the sound and the neck. It just felt it was an extension of my hand. I could not afford it back then but it has been on my mind since. I tried a Luke 3 at Guitar Center 2 years ago and loved it exactly the same if not more but still could not afford it.
The look, the feel, the sound, it's a perfect guitar for me. I have 8 guitars already and am not looking to just buy one more, I want THE one.

Totally here you there. Part a few of the others and you got the dough or the space for the LIII. I have 4 MM's and can barely play, but I always want more!!! Tough to scrap up the dough these days myself.

Take an over night road trip to CT go see Pete and Nick, they have a great shop and they are super to deal with. You never know what they have incoming too.

Glenn |B)

Budgie

Good idea, I could definitely let go of a couple at least. Also, i have that many because they are cheaper guitars. I do have a very nice American Strat I bought in 1995 that is my preferred axe.

click track

I have the same issue here in northern Ohio, what works for me is buying used online at GC and then once the perfect model is found then I can spend the much larger amount to get it new, exactly as i like it, and sell the used one.

a GC advantage to this is you have 30 days to return for full refund or not take ownership of it when it arrives and you play it and maybe it isn't for you.

For me a having done this a few times already, I really cant go wrong buying a used one and so far ALL HAVE EXCEEDED my expectations of sound and play-abilty / ergonomics.

just my 2 cents....good luck !!

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Good idea, I could definitely let go of a couple at least. Also, i have that many because they are cheaper guitars. I do have a very nice American Strat I bought in 1995 that is my preferred axe.

There you go man. There are always ways, even time payments. One really well built guitar is worth like 10 cheaper ones.

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

I have the same issue here in northern Ohio, what works for me is buying used online at GC and then once the perfect model is found then I can spend the much larger amount to get it new exactly as i like it and sell the used one.

a GC advantage to this is you have 30 days to return for full refund or not take ownership of it when it arrives and you play it and maybe it isn't for you.

For me a having done this a few times already, I really cant go wrong buying a used one and so far ALL HAVE EXCEEDED my expectations of sound and play-abilty / ergonomics.

just my 2 cents....good luck !!

I agree, I've bought at least 6-8 MM's site unseen and only one didn't work out. Remember as far as GC goes, find one in there system and have it shipped to your location to check it out like Click said, best way to do it.

Glenn |B)

Budgie

I agree, I've bought at least 6-8 MM's site unseen and only one didn't work out. Remember as far as GC goes, find one in there system and have it shipped to your location to check it out like Click said, best way to do it.

Glenn |B)

Are all your guitars MM's?

GWDavis28

Are all your guitars MM's?

Mine are, I have 2 Silhouette Specials (SSS and SSH) and 2 Albert Lee's (3 MM90'ss and HH). Love em all.

Of them all only one did I see and touch before I bought it, Albert Lee 3 MM90's and I love that one. All the rest were bought sight unseen. The Albert Lee HH was a Christmas gift from my wife and kids, so I'll never part with that one. I was thinking the other day, I enjoy them all so much I'll never part with them.

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

click track

Mine now are, sold my once highly cherished 05 LP Standard in Honeyburst to continue my quest for tone and ergonomic perfection! Once I decided, and then sold that guitar I realized it was the turning point for me. I loved that LP dearly but realized I was playing far from my potential on it.

Reflex
JP6
more to follow....

Last edited:
Top Bottom