• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Hi everyone! Long time no see, huh? I've been away for a good while but it's time to jump back in! I'll fill everybody in on what's been going on for the last 8 months with me in a separate thread. But, for now, let's see what's new and cool in the STV guitar line!

Disruption by Design

Annie Clark discusses the importance of disassociating from her St. Vincent stage persona in her creative process and designing the newest iterations of her Ernie Ball Music Man signature guitar. Watch the film here!

Ernie Ball Music Man is excited to announce the release of the all-new St. Vincent HH signature model. Now available in a newly designed dual humbucking pickup configuration. These new pickups are hot-rodded and full bodied with plenty of chime in the top end. They offer medium to high gain output creating a distorted crunch tone with strong mids.

The St. Vincent HH has a nice, evenly distributed frequency response for both the bridge and neck pickups. The bridge pickup has plenty of drive and is voiced with a clear and expressive high end that's not overly piercing. The neck pickup is round and smooth - perfect for rhythm and solo guitar work. Learn more on our website here.

STV-2018-orange-EMAIL-1280x720.jpg

From headlining music festivals like Coachella and Lollapalooza, performing on the MASSEDUCTION tour, and performing at the 2018 Oscars, Annie Clark is not slowing down anytime soon. In partnership with Ernie Ball Music Man's award-winning design team, the announcement of Annie's new signature St. Vincent collection is one of the most anticipated instrument releases of the year.

stv-hh-2018-blog-assets-live-shot.jpg

The St. Vincent features a lightweight African mahogany body, roasted figured maple neck with ebony or rosewood fingerboard.

STV18-social-Instagram-10.jpg

stv-hh-2018-blog-assets-bluedawn-closeup-1.jpg"

With chrome hardware (black hardware on stealth model), custom wound Ernie Ball Music Man humbucking pickups, matching pickup covers, an Ernie Ball Music Man modern tremolo, and unlike the traditional vintage two humbucker guitar set up, the St Vincent HH features a 5 -way switch to cover a wider palette of tones.

stv-hh-2018-blog-assets-stealth-hh-beauty.jpg

charcoal-sparkle-horizontal.jpg

blue-dawn-horizontal.jpg

stealth-hh-horizontal.jpg

seabreeze-horizontal.jpg

The St. Vincent signature model is also available in a three mini-humbucker configuration. The St. Vincent HHH features wound ceramic magnets and more aggressive sound than your standard vintage pickups. The 5 position switch offers a wide range of tones from humbucking to single coil tones made possible with tapped 2+4 positions wired in parallel to each other. The bridge pickup is wound hotter for a more aggressive tone and also offers a brighter sound than traditional mini humbuckers.

stv-hh-2018-blog-assets-vincentblue-hhh.jpg

Pott

Welcome back!

I'm a HUGE fan of that Charcoal Sparkle finish. It goes fantastic with the stealth hardware AND compliments a Roasted Maple neck super nicely. I'd love to see it on the Cutlass RS Stealth or Albert Lee HH!
Or I could just get two St Vs in that color and Blue Dawn...

Mick

Welcome home!

Health Nr.1
Guitars Nr.2a
Familiy Nr.2b

We all know my wife knows nothing about this forum....:rolleyes:

Lloyd_m

Welcome back, hope you're doing ok and feeling good!

I've been watching the video non-stop since its release. Waiting for the dealers around here to get the Sea Breeze and try one.

GWDavis28

Casey, the video link isn't working. Great job on this and welcome back!!

Glenn |B)

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Hi everyone, thanks so much for the warm welcome back! I'll be making these types of announcement/content cross-posting from our website and social media, but my main purpose here is to make sure everybody's happy with how everything is going and keep communication between the company and our fans open.

GWDavis - maybe the link doesn't like being shared away from the Rolling Stone article. here's a link to that:

See St. Vincent Talk Creativity, New Signature Guitar - Rolling Stone

GWDavis28

Welcome back Casey, here's hoping all is well with you.

Thanx, Glenn |B)

Last edited:

Astrofreq

... my main purpose here is to make sure everybody's happy with how everything is going and keep communication between the company and our fans open

In that case, definitely get some transparent colors going in the Cutlass series. :) Your health is MORE important though.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
In that case, definitely get some transparent colors going in the Cutlass series. :) Your health is MORE important though.

I actually agree with you 100% there, ash looks good even though it doesn't have a severe grain structure like quilted maple.

Top Bottom