• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

leond

I know with older Bongo 4's, the single H basses had a different pickup location than the bridge pickup on the HH or HS. When I look at the current control diagrams for the Bongo 4 on the web site, it shows the H and the bridge pickup on the HS as having the same location.

Is this correct? Did the 4 H pickup location change?

Edmang

Not sure what you are looking at. But on the website the bottom of the pickup is over the second knob from the left for an HH. Check out the Firemist purple color. For the H, it is over the third knob from the left. Look at the Tangerine Pearl color. HS should be the same as the HH as far as location. Did not see an HS picture.

leond

I'm looking at the "Controls" diagrams in the "Specifications, Schematics & More" section on this page: Bongo 4 | Basses | Ernie Ball Music Man

It shows the control layout for the Bongo - H and Bongo - HS. For both basses, the bottom of the bridge humbucker is almost to the middle of the mid know (whit the basses vertical).

Golem

`

The knobs is an OK gauge, but the rectangular
openings in the PG are a major tell. The outer
edge of the PGs will be alike, and same screw
holes pattern.

But the opening for the bridge PU on an HH or
HS is so close to edge that there is barely enuf
plastic [at the corners of the hole] to connect
the "rear" of the PG to the rest of of the PG.

OTOH, the solo-H PU is in the "StingRay Spot",
and is much further from the bridge so there's
plenty of plastic at the corners of the hole, and
so it does not look fragile the way the dual PU
PG looks.

Last edited:

Edmang

I'm looking at the "Controls" diagrams in the "Specifications, Schematics & More" section on this page: Bongo 4 | Basses | Ernie Ball Music Man

It shows the control layout for the Bongo - H and Bongo - HS. For both basses, the bottom of the bridge humbucker is almost to the middle of the mid know (whit the basses vertical).

Those are just diagrams illustrating the controls for the instruments. The diagram is not to scale.

Look at the actual pics of the instruments

Top Bottom