• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

johnnyboogie

Fully comprehensive, yet concise and very easy to read through. Hope it helps interested parties =)

Attachments

• EBMM JP Models Consice Guide.doc
    38 KB · Views: 167

tbonesullivan

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't the JP model still offered? It has had changes over the years as well, but it is still a model, as is the JP7.

johnnyboogie

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't the JP model still offered? It has had changes over the years as well, but it is still a model, as is the JP7.

Yes, of course. 2000-2007 means that it was the sole model for that period of time before the next one was released. But still, thanks for the input =D

Tanax

Is JP7 a different configuration of the regular JP? :O Didn't know that! I thought only the strings differed? What are the differences between JP(6) and JP7?

tbonesullivan

I think at some times the pickup choices were different on the JP6 and JP7. It would be nice to see a timeline about how the specs have changed over the years. I don't know if they originally had the forearm SCOOPED as much as it is now, and they did not have stainless steel frets.

PeteDuBaldo

I think at some times the pickup choices were different on the JP6 and JP7. It would be nice to see a timeline about how the specs have changed over the years. I don't know if they originally had the forearm SCOOPED as much as it is now, and they did not have stainless steel frets.

Custom wound neck & bridge until 2006 (all hex pole pieces)
Custom wound neck (hex pole pieces) & D-sonic bridge pickup (solid bar + hex polies) mid-2006 to 2009
Liquifire neck & Crunch Lab bridge 2009-present (hex pole pieces, + solid bar on bridge)

Stainless steel frets introduced at Winter NAMM 2011
This is also approximately the same time period that the current bridge with wider post spacing appeared on the JP line

I think things might be a little more clear if the guide stated "JP6 & JP7 2001-present"

johnnyboogie

Options were never offered. The pickups have indeed changed in the manner Pete afore-mentioned but the CrunchLab/LiquiFire set is the only one offered as of 2009. The forearm scoop has remained the same throughout the years.

GWDavis28

I just saw those the other day and thought they were awesome!!! Love the pink one by far!!!

30085169_1155911987883362_5817878041061228544_n.jpg

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom