• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Terry007

Wow, that's nice! The neck on my Valentine is crazy as well. The neck on my Sting Ray RS is a little underwhelming, but that's ok. I wasn't;t buying it for the figured neck.

SlimBob

First post here - I'm really wanting a Cutlass of some sort. I'm trying to figure out the features timeline. It looks like they came out in maybe late 2016 or maybe 2017 and they now have roasted necks and a higher price on the 2018's as well as a new color or two. What is the difference in the finish of these 2 types of necks? I'm in Florida where the humidity and heat can be pretty extreme not to mention the beach gigs with salt air. My old nitro finish Gibsons get all gummy on the neck when it's hot and humid - what can I expect from either of these Cutlass neck finishes??

TripHazard

Think the RS will be rock solid stable, and I don’t think any gumminess will happen - its an oil and wax finish I believe

SlimBob

I took a quick spin around your store web site and noticed quite a few MM guitars. Thanks for the info on the neck finish. I see they use ebony on certain models so maybe they will make a Cutlass with an ebony fretboard soon. I'm gassing for a white HSS with a lightly roasted neck, tortoise pickgaurd and an Ebony fretboard.

vuduhwy

I'm getting really sick and tired of all these postings about the Cutlass. Seriously guys, what the heck???
Just because it looks great and sounds amazing. Ya'll act like everybody outta have one. Geeeeeez

SlimBob

I DID IT! Just got my first Music Man guitar. I haven't bought a guitar in at least 20 years and have been wanting a new guitar with modern features in the basic Strat format. I got the latest version Ivory White HSS with roasted neck and rosewood fretboard. Pleased to find out that the nut works fine with 11-50 - no need to widen the slots. I tried all 5 springs but that was too tight so I removed the middle spring and used 4 and bent the whammy down I little so it doesn't stick up so high. Will get a pic soon and post it. It makes you wanna play without the pedals because it has such a great sound straight in the amp.

Top Bottom