• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Giffin

Okay let me restate simply: can I use standard Gotoh double locking trem parts, like the tremolo arm and the locking nut, as replacement parts on the Steve Morse model with the double locking trem? Thank you

Last edited:

Giffin

Hi Giffin,

Welcome to the forum!

It depends upon the year of the Morse. Might you have a serial number?

Thanks for the response. I don't have the serial at this time, but I can tell it is from the production the last 4-5 year. MM support tells me 2011 is the year they moved to their own design bridges, and it is definitely post-2011. It looked like the bar is a screw-in type. And then there is the question of the locking nut, whether the Gotoh nuts might work.

Giffin

Hi Giffin,

Welcome to the forum!

It depends upon the year of the Morse. Might you have a serial number?

Hi again Willy and forum members, the serial is G53869 . I need the locking nut now, the tremolo bar is fixed. I am interested if there is a fitting part available from other brands, there is some urgency here, I just paid for the guitar and I need to play the hell out of it in order to be satisfied. Definitely a most interesting guitar, rings like a bell acoustically, I really like that, the neck is a V I would think, feels really good even though it would be far from my ideal profile if asked.

Top Bottom