• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Riley

Hi All,

Just wondering if you can help me. I have been using Paradigm 10-46 on on my US Strat for the last 5 months and it's eating my frets. I love the strings but they are killing the frets to fast for my liking. Do SS frets which are meant to be coated (Ernie state this) really wear this fast??

Can any of you recommend strings which will feels close what I'm using which will be softer on the guitar. I used Nickle wound D'addarios before this.

Any advice would be great.

Riley

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Hi All,

Just wondering if you can help me. I have been using Paradigm 10-46 on on my US Strat for the last 5 months and it's eating my frets. I love the strings but they are killing the frets to fast for my liking. Do SS frets which are meant to be coated (Ernie state this) really wear this fast??

Can any of you recommend strings which will feels close what I'm using which will be softer on the guitar. I used Nickle wound D'addarios before this.

Any advice would be great.

Riley

Hi, Riley. This is the first time I've heard of this particular issue, I'm contacting our string design team to see if this has been an issue for anyone else, and why it may be happening. Please give me a little time and I will figure out how to help you, thanks so much for trying out Paradigm strings!

tbonesullivan

Yeah.. uh.. I hate to tell you this, but while stainless steel wears much less than Nickel Silver, it still wears. The higher tensile of the strength may also involve an increase in hardness.

Frets, like strings, are consumable parts of the guitar.

Ski

Oh really......
Point is the Ernie Ball Paradigm Strings are wearing the frets excessively because they are much harder than the frets.

I Hate to tell you this.... but I am a guitar Tech for over 25 years in several music stores and a Pro guitarist for over 55 years..

I am just saying there is a problem with the hardness of the strings compared to other strings......

Thanks anyway for the quick reply.

Last edited:

Ski

I have written them 3 times and no reply.
What does that tell you....
I use regular Ernie Ball strings with no problems and pick them over any strings out there.
The Paradigm are are definitely Bad for your guitar if you play regular..

beej

Who were you writing to? Try Daniel - [email protected].

Or call the support number! For all you know, your messages are being flagged as spam and not being received. A phone call fixes that ...

I can say that I regularly use Paradigms on a few of my guitars, and several have SS frets. I haven't experienced any issues with regards to fret wear. (Though, I have a light touch and don't generally wear out frets.)

Daniel

I have written them 3 times and no reply.
What does that tell you....
I use regular Ernie Ball strings with no problems and pick them over any strings out there.
The Paradigm are are definitely Bad for your guitar if you play regular..

Hi Ski, Shoot me an email at [email protected], I'd be happy to help you with any questions.

Top Bottom