• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

So I saw the post and the corresponding post (not suppose to have comments) about the guitar, so I too a look for myself. This one looks like an AL mash up.

Used Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee Ball Family Reserve | Reverb

It looks like an early AL HH BFR neck on an Emerald Green AL MM90's. X your right it's pretty high priced for being a bit beat up. It probably had an maple neck on it originally and the seller wanted the maple neck for the AL HH.

podb789gzx3eb0aguskl.jpg

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

spychocyco

Looks like it sold. No idea if it was a mash-up, but I thought it was a cool piece despite the dings and scratches.

GWDavis28

Agreed it was a cool piece, it might have been interesting to know the origins and what the deal was with it.

I'm sure someone here snagged it, just for the MM90 option alone and the Emerald Green Sparkle finish.

Fess up, who got it?????

Glenn |B)

spychocyco

I'm waiting for the right pinkburst -- like the one someone here snatched up a few days ago while I was looking at it. :p

A.J.

That guitar came that way from the factory, actually. I don't have information on who it went to but it is all original based on the information I can see. Sweet guitar, wish I bought it.

GWDavis28

That guitar came that way from the factory, actually. I don't have information on who it went to but it is all original based on the information I can see. Sweet guitar, wish I bought it.

WOW Aj, very cool, thanx for the info!!!

Glenn |B)

PMJgear

Hey people! I am the dude who bought the green sparkle AL, and this is my first post on the forum.

As AJ said, the guitar came from the factory with a rosewood neck and three MM90s. It was born on October 20, 2010. It was sold by the Tone Shop in Dallas, and after speaking with them, it was apparently some sort of special order and has been owned by one of the shop owners for the past 8 years. He recently traded it in for a G&L Doheny.

Notwithstanding the headstock ding, and a couple of scratches on the back, it's in pretty great condition. It literally showed up in the mail about an hour ago, so I don't have too many thoughts on how it plays sounds, but it is pretty. To demonstrate my focus on the important things about guitar, all I have really done is take some pictures.

35934470_274312229798204_8724333387231264768_n.jpg

This is my first Music Man, but I have been pining for one for years. I decided I wanted an AL quite a while ago, but I resolved to wait until I found one that I really thought was cool. This is that guitar.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement tip for the tremolo arm?

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Dude that’s an excellent first post for sure. Omg you’re gonna love the MM90 on the AL it’s one of my favorites!!!!

Glenn |B)

PMJgear

Thanks guys. The MM90s sound so good.

Like I said, I had been waiting for the right Albert Lee to come around. I wanted one that was (a) unique and (b) had a rosewood neck. I am also a sucker for sparkles. (I now have a Red Sparkle G&L Fallout, a Gold Sparkle Fender Jazzmaster, a Blue Sparkle Squier Super-Sonic, and this guy.)

So when I saw this one was a BFR on top of that all, I pounced. Super excited to join the club.

GWDavis28

Thanks guys. The MM90s sound so good.

Like I said, I had been waiting for the right Albert Lee to come around. I wanted one that was (a) unique and (b) had a rosewood neck. I am also a sucker for sparkles. (I now have a Red Sparkle G&L Fallout, a Gold Sparkle Fender Jazzmaster, a Blue Sparkle Squier Super-Sonic, and this guy.)

So when I saw this one was a BFR on top of that all, I pounced. Super excited to join the club.

Welcome to my world. I've got a White Sparkle AL MM90's, Gold Sparkle Silo Special, Fuschia Sparkle Silo Special and an AL HH in Black Sugar, which is Black with gold sparkle fleck.

Your right it's unique and there are others here that would be all over it if you ever decided to sell it. Yah the BFR makes it that much more special and the fact that the BFR 12th fret logo isn't offered anymore makes it that much more!!!

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom