• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

V_S

These are reverse weight relieve holes.. maybe they glued the maple top to the bottom of the body.

GWDavis28

These are reverse weight relieve holes.. maybe they glued the maple top to the bottom of the body.

Doesn't look like it, looks like they used a hole saw, you can see the pilot hole in the center of each hole.

Sad, but it's cheap, but it looks like it'll need a lot of love to bring it back to something nice.

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

Not even sure how you'd fix it, short of a completely new top.

Yup or you could have it filled and paint it, it would look weird with the painted headstock. The sad thing is that someone thought that was a good idea. Someone made it their own and decided that it wasn't for them.

V_S, hahahahaha, I know man.

Glenn |B)

spychocyco

I've got a new hole saw that I want to play with, now what can I cut with it. Oh, I know, how about my very nice, very expensive guitar. :rolleyes:

coolhandluc

I'd give $500 for it if I had the skills to restore it and wasn't going to resale it. Otherwise, no way.

dave1812

Poor Axis :(
The Serial is G08953, would be interesting to know the Date of Birth.
If I had the time and cash I'd take it, fill the holes and put a new top on there. Maybe a Buckeye Burl or just paint it in a cool color.
What's Toneking supposed to be BTW?

bischero

Sad, I would love to buy this, fill the holes and the neck pickup, plus that horrible teen rout, and paint it white. Make it like an axis "junior". I'm gonna keep my eye on it. Sucks that too is gorgeous.

spychocyco

Sad, I would love to buy this, fill the holes and the neck pickup, plus that horrible teen rout, and paint it white. Make it like an axis "junior". I'm gonna keep my eye on it. Sucks that too is gorgeous.

I'm watching it, too, but it's a long way from what I'm willing to pay with all of the work it needs. At the right price, I might fill the holes and try to match the headstock with a solid red. With an intact top it would already be on the way to my house at that price, never mind the other mods. :)

vuduhwy

Personally, I think you guys are just ignorant an uniformed. This guitar is obviously the FUTURE of guitar relic-ing and you just unprepared for it.

spychocyco

Personally, I think you guys are just ignorant an uniformed. This guitar is obviously the FUTURE of guitar relic-ing and you just unprepared for it.

Haha. Maybe that makes sense since I'm not that crazy about the present of guitar relic-ing either. :)

Top Bottom