• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Hey everyone, tomorrow the 2018 Stingray Special will be available in stores to purchase. We'll be releasing a bunch of content tomorrow, but here is a vid we think you'll enjoy!

brash47

Om sweet giggidy goodness....and I said no more basses this year.

Ya killin me......

The only choice I can think of.....what color?

Decided: 5 string, ebony fingerboard, HH

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Edmang

Hopefully a 5H in my future later in the year.. Trying to decide between the Charging Green and Dropped Copper

Last edited:

the_eigensheep

Ugggh, I asked for turquoise, and they gave me TWO options. How am I supposed to pick just one?

Also, really can't decide on the H vs HH. An HS option would have made this easy. I feel like I want the neck pickups for more mellow options (as well as a thumb rest), but i'm not a fan of the look.

Tough decisions ahead...

brash47

Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 5HH Electric Bass, 5-String, Ebony Fingerboard (with Case) (New, Cruz Teal). I can't believe I just hit the purchase button.....I'm going to bass guitar hell....

brash

DAMN RIGHT I'll post pics when it hits my house! The site told me to expect it around late September. :)

tbonesullivan

Oh wow! So this is the new redesigned stingray? It's the Stingray Special? Or is this something in addition to that?

five7

Lots of great colors to choose from. I am liking the white one with mint pg. The copper and apple are really nice too.
Can you order whatever fretboard you want or is it a set combo.

GregP

Lots of great colors to choose from. I am liking the white one with mint pg. The copper and apple are really nice too.
Can you order whatever fretboard you want or is it a set combo.

According to the spec page it's set as a combo. I'm stoked that ebony is available on colors other than stealth black!

Edmang

According to the spec page it's set as a combo. I'm stoked that ebony is available on colors other than stealth black!

There are a few colors where it seems you can choose Rosewood or Maple in the configuration section. These tend to be the more traditional colors. But most only come with a specific fretboard.

joelisenat

I love the Charcoal sparkle, but something about those natural basses with the roasted maple fretboard just makes my heart melt. 2018 will be a good year!

tbonesullivan

I just wish the burnt apple looked better on the SR5. The huge PG covers up most of it. Looks great on the SR4 though!

cybersnyder

I b——ed about the price increase, I admit it, but the Specials will easily hang with the “boutiques” in the $3-4K range. Dat neck!!

brash47

Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 5HH Electric Bass, 5-String, Ebony Fingerboard (with Case) (New, Cruz Teal). I can't believe I just hit the purchase button.....I'm going to bass guitar hell....

brash

DAMN RIGHT I'll post pics when it hits my house! The site told me to expect it around late September. :)
So, I played one at a local shop and I'm impressed with it. What a great bass.....now keeping that in mind. I think I still favor the sound/feel of my 30th Aniv. Stingray 5.

Now dont everyone yell at me. It's all personal, but I'll say its an amazing bass and I look forward to when mine arrives.

But I think this 30th Aniv. is gonna have that special place for me....

Brash
709455c2026661d139dbd2dea58caaf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom