• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kinjin

At the 10:43 mark, Sterling says "this is the block neck Albert?" and proceeds to show off a neck with what looks like a rosewood fingerboard, block inlays, bound neck, flamed maple neck, non-roasted (one of the guys mentions it's one of the few non-roasted they are doing this year). :eek:

20:48, EVH Custom SSS... c'mon guys, please give us an Axis in SSS this year!

Last edited:

Bryan

I watched the whole thing last night.

Every time I think I couldn't be prouder to play EBMM, something like this comes along.....

jones4tone

That was very cool! I’m eager to see Rob’s guitars when they’re completed.

GWDavis28

Great video I watched the whole thing really well done.

I too can’t wait to see the guitar(s)??

I was lucky enough to have been to the factory for the Open House party back in 2005. Got to meet all the Balls and it was truly a pleasure.

The factory tour and the party were awesome!!!!!

Glenn |B)

mr.b

I too am intrigued to see what comes of it. I can take or leave Rob Chapman but I can't take or leave any footage of an EBMM factory tour. I always love getting to see an insight as to what is involved in making their amazing instruments.

Did anyone else spot what, to me, looked like a trans blue Majesty with a natural flamed maple shield, cream pups and cream trem arm tip? Also good to see a mid-build shot of Jason Richardson's signature.

I've not finished watching it yet so i'm keen to see what else pops up in the footage.

Props as always to BP & his team for what they develop and produce for us to be a part of.

Pott

Block inlays ALs... interesting. People have been clamouring for more finishes though I guess we got those now. Would love to see what it looks like with that new neck!

We could also see a 7-string non-JP with a Burl top which I assume is JR's custom Cutlass... SWEET.
And a GORGEOUS blue Axis. Man that thing was amazing...

Edit: DAMNIT. I told myself I'd NEVER become one of those fanboys like you see on some FB groups which will remain unnamed. But it's hard to here. That documentary is AWESOME. There's a friggin' Axis with dual soundhole AND a racing stripe! DAAAAAMN...

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

They really need to put out a book with all the history of EBMM, the Grills, the charity work, etc. I'd buy it.

Question is whether it would get a much reading as my Billy Gibbon's "Rock + Roll Gearhead" book, which I recommend EVERYONE get. It's full of ZZ top History, awesome guitars, and awesome custom cars.

jl2112

I love their guitars and their customer service has been great to me. This made me appreciate the family and company even more. That was pretty cool.

Smellybum

I LOVED this !

When I saw the factory tour I thought it was amazing. However, i was blown away by this video I think it shows the true family value and the awesome work at the EBMM family.

2 things. I work in IT service optimisation I have used this video on training to show how implementing automation and using skilled crafts can give you an awesome business, If we win the internal company award I will be on stage in Japan with my Armada :)

and 2.... the Mr Horsepower that Dudley opened out the box which has been sealed since 2000.... OMG! - Please tell me that will be auctioned off for CLB - I would give my life savings for that guitar. the vault room was INSANE every case with an amazing treasure those EVH's with single coils, and that earthward... It is like paradise.

agt

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to gain more insights about the guitars and basses I love and the extremely talented individuals who imagine and build them! :)

kbaim

Enjoyed that.
Just me or does Drew look like he could pass for a Ball brother too?

Thanks for the look inside.

Forum party 2019!!!
(No?)

Last edited:

kestrou

Anybody who’s met Sterling and “the boys” knows that was an accurate representation of their humor, sincerity, and dedication to what they do.

I’m almost misty-eyed after watching that... :)

Kevin

dibart77

Really fun documentary. Knowing these guys (mostly Derek, Tomas, Brian, Scotty), and having hung in all the spaces you see them in the factory (except the damn vault, WTF), what you see on that docu is real. Exactly how it is. Nobody is acting there.

Just me or does Drew look like he could pass for a Ball brother too?

Yes. The first time I met Drew (Derek introduced us) I was like, "Oh, I know Brian." And Derek and Drew were like, "No this is Drew!" And it was like, "I knew that... Drew whose adjusting the truss rod and sanding the neck videos I need to re-watch once every few months every time I need to do it because my brain is broken and can't remember!"

Top Bottom