• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

13thStep

Ok. So basically to cut a long story short in a few months time I want to buy a 'decent' guitar.

Currently playing an Epiphone Les Paul which I like and Id thought about getting a Gibson but they seem pretty overpriced and they don't have a great reputation for quality control atm (whatever I get will be mail order). I play a range of styles but mainly metal/rock and I'm loving the blues a lot these days too.

I've recently stumbled across the MusicMan Stingray and initially it caught my eye because of its looks (that tobacco burst with the tortoiseshell scratch plate is literally my idea of a perfect guitar). From listening to a few YouTube vids the tone seems really nice as well, and MusicMan (from what I can gather) seem to have an excellent reputation when it comes to QC.

If I was to get one it would be bought unplayed and without having ever played any MusicMan guitar. I really don't feel that I have a preference for necks etc feeling at home on both Strats and Les Pauls.

So would you take the plunge and buy a Stingray without having played one?

TripHazard

Yep, done it twice - my first two is never played before purchase, but had played an axis. It was an Albert lee and a cutlass

Smellybum

in a short response......Yes.

Of all the guitar companies I have purchased instruments from EBMM is without a doubt the most consistent in producing an instrument. I am not just saying that beucase it's the EBMM forum I genuinely believe it.

I have purchased 9 balls over the last 10 years "un-tested" and I don't regret a single purchase. I have been surprised but always delighted.

the world is changing. the days of the traditional music store are slipping away, and online purchasing (and in some cases your personal geography) are sometimes a restriction on your choices. but if I could only buy one guitar unplayed it would be a EBMM over any other brand. I can think of a few other brands I have tried this with, and some have produced mixed results. but EBMM delivers every time it's why I am so obsessive about calling out the quality.

Now where is that free signature model for the glowing review......

Lou

Nearly all of mine were bought without playing them first. No duds yet.

jl2112

I was in your boat some time ago. I did it and never regretted it. Once I played one I was spoiled. The craftsmaship was perfect. It made everything else I had seem like a toy. Youll hear that opinion expressed over and over. The only thing that can go wrong with never playing one is if the particular neck or some characteristic of that guitar was just not for you though music man necks are awsome and I think most people are blown away with how nice they are. As far as the consistent quality and customer service that they provide you wont be dissapointed ordering one.

mrmckinney

I purchased/traded for all my EBMM’s online site unseen. Zero complaints. They’ve all been absolutely fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spychocyco

Music Man is the only guitar that I would buy without having played one first.

edhalen

I've owned 7 or 8 MM's and every one I've bought without trying it first. So far they've gotten a perfect score. They age over time and depending on how they're cared for (if you go the used route to save $$$) your mileage may vary.

Now, if you go the new route - absolutely no worries. Period. You'll never go back after playing one.

GWDavis28

Yup I have as well numerous times and have never had a regret.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

RichieZ

Bought my Valentine based on online demos. They'd only been available a month. Two years in and still makes me feel fizzy inside!

lifeson1

The ONLY guitar brand I would buy sight unseen would be EBMM. All of mine (over 18) have been shipped from the west, and they have all been set up perfectly out of the box, not a dud among them. Just perfect!

moozak

I’ve actually bought lots of guitars that way, but I only buy from reputable places that will allow me a return within so many days

Top Bottom