• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

agt

Yes. I've used Cobalt Slinky 10s and 11s on my Majesties and various other EBMMs in the past. All good. I'm on a Cobalt 9s kick these days on most of my EBMMs.

I bought a Friedman PT-20 last year and that amp is very thick and beefy sounding. The 9s complement it well.

Jagc1983

About the cobalt Ernie ball strings

Yes. I've used Cobalt Slinky 10s and 11s on my Majesties and various other EBMMs in the past. All good. I'm on a Cobalt 9s kick these days on most of my EBMMs.

I bought a Friedman PT-20 last year and that amp is very thick and beefy sounding. The 9s complement it well.

Hello There. Have you ever have problems with the cobalt strings? I’ve tried the 9s on my majesty and they get super super dirty super quick. Like in a month, no matter if I keep it in a gig bag when I’m not playing. They nasty really bad, they sound perfect and feel very good for around 2-3 weeks and that’s it. I try to play like 1 hour a day, 4-5 days a week in average.

I got tired of that after 3 change of strings in less than 5months and set it up with NYXL 9s and so far so good.

Any cobalt strings users out there with any advise or explanation?

agt

Hello There. Have you ever have problems with the cobalt strings? I’ve tried the 9s on my majesty and they get super super dirty super quick. Like in a month, no matter if I keep it in a gig bag when I’m not playing. They nasty really bad, they sound perfect and feel very good for around 2-3 weeks and that’s it. I try to play like 1 hour a day, 4-5 days a week in average.

I got tired of that after 3 change of strings in less than 5months and set it up with NYXL 9s and so far so good.

Any cobalt strings users out there with any advise or explanation?

Sorry, but I have not had any such issues. I have numerous guitars. Some I play daily and others I string, play for a while, and then do not revisit until many months later. My playing time is similar: about an hour a day 5-6 days per week. All have cobalts and I have never experienced any unusual oxidation or change in tone.

That having been said, people have different body chemistries which may react to the metals in strings in different ways. Environmental factors such as humidity may also come in to play.

Do you experience this just with cobalts, or with other alloys too?

RAIN27

Yep, I have them on all my Guitars.
I use these.
Ernie Ball Coated Electric Titanium RPS Super Slinky Set, .009 - .042

Top Bottom