• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Smallmouth_Bass

So, we have often heard how green basses (and sparkle basses) do not sell well (;)), and yet I see three green basses in the new lineup: Charging Green, Cruz Teal and Aqua Sparkle.

I am not in the market for a new bass right now, but Aqua Sparkle and Charging Green are awfully tempting!

Dropped Copper and Charcoal Sparkle are really nice too and I always have a soft spot for white.

Michael Murphy

Sadly, my GC this Saturday had NO new Stingrays, and no interesting deals on the older stock (just 1 or 2 SR5, a couple of 4s, and a couple of SUBs.) But i did get to play a matte-black SBMM St. Vincent guitar, and that was pretty sweet!

bdgotoh

Doesn't Aqua Sparkle look blue, not green?

107-SK-50-01.png

Last edited:

Edmang

Do like the Charging Green a lot. Considering that or the Dropped Copper for an SR5 H. Leaning to the Charging Green at this point, but do want to try and see both colors in the flesh before ordering later in the year

Wim Laven

Prize Winning Journalist
Do like the Charging Green a lot. Considering that or the Dropped Copper for an SR5 H. Leaning to the Charging Green at this point, but do want to try and see both colors in the flesh before ordering later in the year

I have two Dargies, the next bass I buy will likely be Charging Green, the other green basses are unlikely to become available ...

At this point I can't imagine owning a bass that isn't green.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
Generally American people find green to be the least attractive car color, so I guess that must extend to guitars.

bovinehost

Administrator
Generally American people find green to be the least attractive car color, so I guess that must extend to guitars.

Well, we have a "special" group here, I suppose. Green really is popular with the Forumites. Have you seen my Cutlass?

the I'm afraid of americans,

Jack

njhammer

My Dargie gets more positive reaction at gigs than any other bass, so maybe Americans secretly do like green?

Smallmouth_Bass

On my screen it looks like it hovers somewhere between blue and green. It's not quite teal, but in that general range. It may be different in person.

Smallmouth_Bass

I have a candy apple green bass and always get compliments on it. I am surprised green is not more popular.

Maybe people are still traumatized by that pea soup green/lime/yellow (Heinz) of many years ago and have since eschewed green! ;) :D

bignasty

I am a big fan as well of the Charging Green colour. There will always be colour options that are more popular than others. Music man has always been good at offering quite a few interesting options to choose from, that go beyond the standard black, red, and blue.

Wim Laven

Prize Winning Journalist

Interestingly, Green is the 2nd most preferred color among men, and 3rd most preferred among women.
View attachment 34095

Also, my dream was always to get my Camaro back to its original color. I think Citrus Green is simply the coolest.
View attachment 34096

I miss that Camaro, loved driving it out to Montano de Oro when I live in SLO.

Top Bottom