• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

brokenvail

Any one hear anything about John Myung maybe leaving EBMM? He made a post on IG that has folks asking questions.

Grugenhagen

Hmm...some are saying that's not an official account despite what it says. I don't follow Dream Theater as closely as I used to so I'm not up on all the official accounts anymore.

brokenvail

Hmm...some are saying that's not an official account despite what it says. I don't follow Dream Theater as closely as I used to so I'm not up on all the official accounts anymore.

To me that we always the official account. Hope it is not what it seemed like

brash47

I don't do any social media....can someone elaborate on what he said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tbonesullivan

There is an instagram account that calls itself "JOHN MYUNG official"

JOHN MYUNG official (@jmyungimages) • Instagram photos and videos

As far as I can tell, it's just a shill account that reposts pictures it finds online. Given that it always mentions Myung in the third person, I would think it has no association whatsoever with him.

But, most internet people seem to not try to verify anything, and just go nuts over what is probably a picture back from when he was still using Yamaha basses. There are plenty of pictures of him with the Yamahas, and I would think a good amount of the RBX JM models out there.

brokenvail

There is an instagram account that calls itself "JOHN MYUNG official"

JOHN MYUNG official (@jmyungimages) • Instagram photos and videos

As far as I can tell, it's just a shill account that reposts pictures it finds online. Given that it always mentions Myung in the third person, I would think it has no association whatsoever with him.

But, most internet people seem to not try to verify anything, and just go nuts over what is probably a picture back from when he was still using Yamaha basses. There are plenty of pictures of him with the Yamahas, and I would think a good amount of the RBX JM models out there.

That is the account I saw the post in. Members of DT have tagged the account in posts before. Ironically the pic for the post he is using his bongo. I love seeing him with a Bongo. If he get's board he can always manipulate the sound on the bass. I remember years ago BP said that JM's basses get set to him with all knobs setting basically locked in place to the one sound he wants. That way they are always correct and he doesn't have to mess with it or think about it

xjbebop

From my distant perspective, JM has always shied away from the spotlight... seems to be a very private person. I really don't see him posting personal info on any social media...
But I might be wrong...

Monahan

If any of you have Facebook accounts, check out the Dream Theater page. Yesterday they posted a very short video with JM holding his Bongo and saying that the bass tracks for their new album are done. So I bet there will be much more from the DT team in the months to come ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom