• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nervous

Agreed, that's a conversion I could put on my short list to try. Probably using the Burns pickup set. But I too cringed with that routing job. God bless Uncle for his willingness and help, and yes, it's all hidden under the guard so no harm, no foul, but that view of the carnage made me itchy. Love the vision and end result though. I'd buy that one all the same.

dibart77

Richie is a good dude. I enjoy his DIY vibe (although I usually curse myself later -- "why did I just spend an hour watching a guy rewire a guitar when I have an Axis right over there that needs to be rewired for the past year?!? I should be rewiring mine!!!" :D

tbonesullivan

I keep wanting to turn a swimming pool routed guitar into a red special. However I think the 24 short scale has a lot to do with Brian May's sound as well.

headcrash

+1. To be honest, I am not too excited about all tzhe new designs they put out in the last 5 or 10 years. But that may just be me becoming an old fart settling on things I have been used to for years ..:D

Kinjin

+1. To be honest, I am not too excited about all tzhe new designs they put out in the last 5 or 10 years. But that may just be me becoming an old fart settling on things I have been used to for years ..:D

+1'd as well. Axis and AL are just superb. I'd love to see some revisit to the Axis, the Sport, a SSS variant, (bring back piezo!), tc...

Kinjin

A limited run BFR would be awesome!!!!

Glenn |B)

Except that a BFR would be 3x the price of the original Axis Sport :(

I'd be happy with a throwback/vintage release... obviously the price wouldn't be the same, but no need to breach the 2.4k+ mark either...

banjoplayer

crazy cool. Big BM-Fan here!
middle position (bridge-neck-out of phase in series) sounds outstanding.
thanks for sharing

edit: wonder why they didn´t use a template for the routing. Take the neck off, fix a template with two clamps, and the result could be alot cleaner without much effort. But hey, it´s his guitar and the result is great and for sure alot of fun

Last edited:
Top Bottom